Cricket Wireless is one of the eminent service providers in the United States. Since this carrier is owned by AT&T, Cricket Wireless now operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. Since it was acquired by AT&T, Cricket LTE became fast, thanks to the reliable AT&T network. As a result, this carrier now has a good 4G LTE and 5G network across the United States. The carrier also boasts of having affordable cell phone plans and a good customer service team.
Besides this, the carrier allows you to bring on your own device to its network and get started. If you do not want to bring your own device, you can purchase a decent model from this carrier and get connected. With all these benefits at hand, most users would like to know the network towers that Cricket Wireless relies on, alongside other related issues. In this article, we shall take an in-depth look at that so that you can know more.
What Network Towers Does Cricket Wireless Use?
After Cricket Wireless was bought by AT&T in 2015, it started using AT&T network towers. Therefore, if you are a Cricket Wireless customer, chances are that you are now enjoying AT&T network. Thankfully, AT&T has a good network coverage across the United States.
Cricket Wireless Coverage Area
By now, you are aware that Cricket Wireless relies on AT&T network in order to offer its cell phone services to all its customers. Unlike other networks, AT&T has good coverage in the United States.
Depending on where you live, chances are that you will either enjoy the 4G LTE or 5G network. To check if your area is covered by this network, consider visiting cricketwireless.com/map.html and then key in your address or ZIP code. Thereafter, tap on the search button and zoom in to see if your area is covered by this network or not.
Is The Cricket Wireless Network Tower Good?
Well, this carrier shares network towers with AT&T. Therefore, this carrier relies on AT&T network towers. When it comes to performance, AT&T network towers do not disappoint as it they allow you to enjoy either 4G LTE or 5G network, depending on where you live and the kind of device you use to access the internet.
How Reliable Is The Cricket Wireless Network?
Since this carrier relies on AT&T internet in order to offer cell phone services to all customers living in the U.S be sure that you will enjoy a reliable network coverage, regardless of your current location. In fact, AT&T boasts of being the second best 4G network in the Unites States. This is because is covers about 68% of the United States.
Besides this, it’s 5G network covers about 29.5% of the U.S. Thankfully, this carrier is expanding its 5G network coverage so that you can enjoy fast internet irrespective of your current location.
Cricket Wireless GSM or CDMA?
Well, Cricket Wireless used to run on CDMA network. On the other hand, AT&T runs on GSM network. As we speak, Cricket Wireless is now compatible with all GSM devices. This means that this carrier has now started appreciating the GSM technology.
After Cricket Wireless was acquired by AT&T, it started using GSM technology after its CDMA network got shut down. Since then, this carrier started releasing mobile devices that relies on AT&T’s 3G, 4G LTE and 5G networks.
What Is Cricket Wireless Customer Service Contact?
If you want to reach out to the customer service team of this carrier, feel free to dial 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) or 611 from your Cricket Wireless device.
Cricket Wireless Network Towers Pros & Cons
Here are the pros of Cricket Network towers:
- Availability of affordable cell phone plans. Besides this, the plans are flexible and can be customized according to one’s needs.
- The plans offered by this carrier do not come with contracts. Therefore, you can pay as you go and enjoy more convenience.
- You are allowed to bring your own phone to this carrier’s network and get started. This will greatly help you save more buck in case you do not want to purchase a new model from Cricket Wireless.
- Besides being allowed to bring your own phone, you can keep your phone number, thus maintain past contacts on your SIM card. Thankfully, the process of parting in your number is relatively easy and straightforward.
- You will be able to enjoy 4G LTE and 5G network across the Unites States. However, this will depend on your current location and the kind of device you are using to access the internet.
- You will enjoy a good customer service. All you need to do is to dial 1-800-CRICKET (274-2538) or 611 from your Cricket Wireless device and then address your issue on the go.
However, this carrier’s network is not devoid of a few shortcomings. For instance, some users claim that it does not offer a good phone selection. Others say that the phones available come at high prices. Finally, some say that the basic plan tend to be more expensive compared to the plans offered by this carrier’s peers.
Can You Use Any Phone With Cricket Wireless?
Not really. Instead, only compatible feature phones, data-only devices, smartphones and tablets can work with this carrier’s network. More importantly, your device has to be unlocked for it to work with this carrier. If you want to bring your phone to this carrier, visit cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/bring-your-phone and then get started.
How Does Cricket Wireless Coverage Compare To Other Carriers Coverage?
Well, Cricket Wireless offers better coverage compared to other carriers such as Metro. This is because Metro relies on T-Mobile network in order to offer its services. However, if you compare it with a Verizon MVNO, Cricket Wireless comes second. Since this carrier is owned by AT&T, it will not perform any better than smaller MVNOs on AT&T network.
Some of these MVNOs include Consumer Cellular, StraightTalk, PureTalk USA among others. Generally, your coverage will depending on where you live. To be on the safe side, check your carrier’s network coverage and then establish if your locality is covered by this carrier’s parent network or not.
What Other Carriers Use Cricket Wireless Network Towers?
It is no secret that Cricket Wireless and AT&T share the same network towers. Besides Cricket Wireless, other carriers that use the same towers include:
- H20 Wireless
- Good2Go Mobile
- Consumer Cellular
- Red Pocket
- PureTalk US
Who Is Eligible For Cricket Wireless ACP?
You can now be eligible for Cricket Wireless ACP if your income stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you do not qualify via this criteria, you can now qualify for this carrier’s ACP facility if you are a participant of a government assistance program such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, or WIC.
Does Cricket Wireless Offer Free Phones?
Yes. However, you must switch your previous number to this carrier and then sign up for a plan that goes for at least $30 or $60 per month. The choice of the plan will depend on your preferred phone model.
Can I Upgrade to a Cricket Wireless Phone?
Yes. However, there is a certain set of requirements that you must fulfill. These include:
- You must have an existing line of service with this carrier
- Your must have subscribed to a plan that goes for $30 per month and above.
- The model that you want to upgrade must be new and bought from either a Cricket Wireless store near you or online at cricketwireless.com
- Brace yourself to part with $25 to upgrade your current phone model. This fee applies whether you want to upgrade your phone online or from the nearest Cricket store near you.
- You are only allowed to upgrade your phone once after every 180 days.
For more information, visit cricketwireless.com/support/account-management/upgrade-your-device.html