TruConnect is an American MVNO that offers many incredible services through T-Mobile’s reliable network. The company provides free phones, affordable calls, text, and data through a program called lifeline. This is a government assistance program that subsidizes phone services for low-income families. Therefore, TruConnect collaborated with lifeline to provide discounted phone services to qualifying low-income consumers.
TruConnect also offers ACP program benefits to qualifying households. Through this program, this carrier provides free tablets, free talk, and texts on behalf of the government. It is good to note that the free tablets may not be as free as claimed. To find out more about TruConnect’s free tablet, please keep reading.
Does TruConnect Offer Free Tablets Under ACP?
As seen previously, the ACP program offers discounts on monthly broadband internet access. It also gives the same discounts on some linked devices once the customer qualifies. However, a limit of one discount per service and device per household qualifies. Also, the exact tablet model depends on your state of residency and the alternatives available at your request.
Once you qualify, you can buy a reduced price on an 8-inch Google Play Certified Android tablet with an LTE connection. This is through getting a discount of up to $100 on this device. Keep in mind that TruConnect free tablets are not totally free, as many may think. This is according to FCC rules that state that for you to get the device, you will have to pay a mandatory co-payment of $10 to $50.
Who Qualifies For TruConnect Free Tablet?
Unfortunately, not everyone across the country is eligible for TruConnect free tablet. Here is the list of the people who qualify for the free TruConnect tablet.
- If your annual income is less than or equal to 200% of the FPG. Note that these standards vary by state. This means that you should check your state’s federal poverty guidelines to be safe.
- If you take advantage of any government aid program such as Medicaid or SNAP, among others.
- If you are a member of any tribal aid program such as the Bureau of Indian Affairs General Help.
- If you have received a federal Pell grant during the current award year.
What Documents Do I Need For The TruConnect Free Tablet?
You need to prove your eligibility to qualify for the TruConnect free tablet. In fact, you will need to provide your eligibility, identity, and home address. If USAC is unable to verify a person’s eligibility for the ACP program, note that your free tablet application will be declined. Here are the documents that you will need to qualify for the TruConnect free tablet
These are official documents issued by the government to give proof of identity. There are several documents that you can use when it comes to verifying your identity. Such documents include:
- Government ID
- Military ID
- State ID
- Tribal ID
- Driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of US citizenship or naturalization
- Permanent residence card or green card
You will need a legal document that shows your entire name and physical address. Such documents include
- Driver’s license
- A Utility Bill
- A legitimate federal,
- Tribal ID
You will need to submit the documents that show your income annually. They should clearly show that your annual household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. But you need to check with your state because the standard is not uniform across the country. Here are some documents you can use to support your eligibility.
- Statement of current earnings
- Benefits description for pension plans.
- Verification of social security income
- Paycheck stub
These are documents showing you participated in a certain program. So, you will need an official document to prove you are currently enrolled in the called program. This document must have the following details:
- Your full legal name
- The name was given to the program
An example of such documents include:
- Approval from Medicaid.
- Federal Pell grant school documentation.
- SSI award letter
TruConnect Free Tablet: Application Procedure
There are a few easy and described procedures to follow to apply for the free TruConnect tablet. But, keep in mind that before beginning the application process, always maintain integrity. Fill in the correct details and prevent the forging of certificates. This will save you from getting into any legal action. Here is a step-by-step process for applying for the TruConnect free tablet.
Step one: Confirm your eligibility
It is a waste of time to apply for a TruConnect ACP tablet if you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Applying for the tablet when you are not qualified calls for instant rejection. Confirm to see if you satisfy at least one of the conditions before beginning. Also, keep all qualifying paperwork on hand to append to your application form. Start the application after everything is ready.
Step two: Starting the TruConnect application
In this step, you will need to complete the ACP free tablet application form. You can achieve this by printing a mail-in application or applying online. Note that online applications are the simplest and most convenient. An online application entail:
Using the Lifeline National Verifier website
- Go to fcc.gov/acp in your browser.
- Scroll down until you see “apply now.”
- Tap “apply now”. The page will direct you to the official page of the affordable connectivity program.
- On the page, you have to click “apply now” to begin filling out the form.
- Enter personal information such as your official name, home address, and date of birth.
- Verify whether you are eligible independently or dependently.
- Click “next”. The page will prompt you to enter your email and password to create your ACP account.
- After that, attach any relevant eligibility papers and submit your form.
- Get approval for ACP discounts.
- Please contact your chosen ACP provider. In our case, contact TruConnect, choose your plan and receive tablet savings.
Using the official TruConnect website
You can apply for TruConnect free tablet direct from their website. Here is the procedure of application:
- Go to truconnect.com.
- Fill out the application form by providing your ZIP code and email address. Click “enroll now.”
- Fill up your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and date of birth.
- Click “next.”
- If the system detects your state as qualified, you will be able to submit your application. The system will let you proceed with the application procedure if you live in one of the eligible states. Read the instruction because you will have to provide all the relevant information. When you finish, click ‘Submit.’
- Submit the form along with any supporting ACP eligibility documentation.
- Wait for clearance before getting your free ACP tablet.
Tablet Offered By TruConnect At Free Or At Discounted Prices
The firm does not specify which tablet models they give in advance. This is because the offer is dependent on region and availability. Therefore, you can get any other model delivered to you with an ACP discount of up to $100 for a co-pay of only $10.01.
For instance, TruConnect is currently offering a reduced 8′′ Google Play Certified Android tablet. The tablet comes with an LTE connection and qualifies for an ACP discount of up to $100.
How Do I Activate The TruConnect Tablet?
You may activate it by following the steps below:
- Insert the TruConnect SIM card into the SIM slot of your TruConnect tablet.
- Turn on your gadget by pressing its power button.
- Dial 611 from your device’s keypad.
- Receive a welcome message from TruConnect.
- Finally, configure your APN settings to complete the operation.
- Start using your device
Note that the gadget comes with a manual that is well-detailed to help when activating the tablet. Also, in case you get scared of activating it by yourself, you can call customer service. Also, you can decide to visit any of their retail shops, and they will help you to activate them.
In Which Areas Currently Does TruConnect Offer An ACP Program?
TruConnect currently provides Lifeline service to residents of:
- Rhode Island
- Puerto Rico
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
What Other Benefits Do I Get If I Qualify For TruConnect ACP?
The TruConnect ACP program provides more advantages based on available options and the state. They are as follows:
- California free ACP plan gives you 14 GB of 4G/LTE data
- California ACP plan gives you 8 GB of extra data to the lifeline plan.
- California ACP plan that gives you Wi-Fi hotspot capability.
- Outside of California free ACP plan gives you 12.5 GB of 4G LTE data
- Outside California, the ACP plan gives you 8 GB 4G LTE data in a lifeline plan with WIFI hotspot capabilities.
- TruConnect standalone ACP plan that includes 8 GB of 4GLTE internet for free together with Wi-Fi hotspot
- Ability to work online or attend virtual classes effortlessly
- Ability to access healthcare in a simpler way
- Ability to communicate or connect effortlessly
Are There Any Restrictions to Getting TruConnect Tablet?
Yes, there are restrictions that TruConnect has put in place when receiving their free tablet. Here are some of the restrictions put across.
- Their ACP tablet or any other device and the monthly broadband discounts are non-transferable.
- A household that qualifies can receive one device and one monthly service discount.
- If you or a member of your household currently has an ACP discount, you will be unable to get another discount from any other service provider. However, you have the option to transfer your ACP benefit at any time to another ACP provider when you want.
- You have to use the benefit at least once per month and certify again once a year to keep getting it.
- Only ACP-qualified individuals are eligible for the discount and, consequently the free tablet.
- You have 30 days to tell the provider if you are no longer eligible for the program.
Which Network Does TruConnect Use?
TruConnect requires a regular service provider to operate. This is because it is a virtual mobile network. As a result, it leverages the T-Mobile network to deliver services to its customers. As a result of T-Mobile’s coverage, TruConnect provides exceptional network services and coverage.
Does TruConnect Give You A Free Phone?
Yes, customers who qualify for Lifeline may count on getting a free smartphone. All you need to remember is that the state where you live determines the phone you will get. However, you must meet the lifeline income threshold to get your free phone.
Can I Upgrade My Free Phone or Tablet with TruConnect?
Yes. There is an easy method of upgrading your TruConnect free device to a more modern gadget. One, you may choose to contact them by calling the number 1 (800) 430-0443. Customer service will explain to you what you need to do to get the modern gadget. Two, you can visit any of their retail locations and purchase your TruConnect upgraded phone. For those who live in California, there are retail shops around that you can take advantage of.