TruConnect is a very reliable and convenient wireless telecommunication company in the United States. It is also a mobile virtual network operator and ranked among the best MVNOs in the nation. This great and famous carrier is so committed to ensuring that its customers can access a very flexible and affordable communication service. The carrier offers flexible and affordable monthly plans to smoothen your wireless experience. As a mobile virtual network operator, this company relies on T-Mobile network towers to offer a very strong and reliable network coverage
In addition, TruConnect offers affordable wireless services to all qualified households through lifeline program. The company also offers discounted broadband services to eligible families through Affordable Connectivity Program. From TruConnect lifeline and ACP, qualified households are able to get a free government smartphone besides other benefits. In our page today, we will discuss more about TruConnect free government phones and other related ideas.
Do TruConnect Offer Free Government Phones?
Yes, as we have pre-mentioned, the government offers free government phones to qualified households. These phones are offered through TruConnect lifeline and ACP. To access free government phones from these programs, you should meet lifeline or ACP eligibility requirements.
To get TruConnect free government phone through lifeline, you should have a total household income that is equal or less than 135% of the federal poverty guideline. To get a free government phone from ACP, you should have a total household income that is equal to or less than 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
Please note that TruConnect free government phones are given to one member of a qualified household and is not transferable among members. That means that if any of your household has a free government phone from any other lifeline service provider, you won’t qualify to get a free government phone from TruConnect. Note that to receive your TruConnect free government phone, you should attach a number of eligibility documents. These documents will prove that you come from a low-income household.
How To Get TruConnect Free Government Phones
You already know that TruConnect offers free government phones through lifeline or ACP programs. Lifeline is a federal government communication program that offers free or discounted wireless services and phones to low income families through service providers like TruConnect. ACP is also a federal government communication program that offers discounted broadband services and devices to qualified low income households.
If you qualify for either of these programs, you can visit TruConnect lifeline or ACP page and start your application. Before applying, you should also have all your documentation ready. These are eligibility, identity, and address documentation.
Who Qualifies For TruConnect Free Government Phones?
To qualify for TruConnect free government phones, you should meet lifeline or ACP program eligibility requirements. This is as follows;
How To Qualify For TruConnect Free Government Phone Through Lifeline
1. Income requirement
2. Program requirement
Alternatively, you can qualify for lifeline is you participate in certain federal or tribal assistance programs. Here is an example of these programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal public housing assistance
- Veterans pension and survivors’ benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
How To Qualify For Truconnect Free Government Phone Through ACP
1. Income requirements
You can qualify for your TruConnect free government phone through ACP if your total or individual income stands at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. It’s important to note that the federal poverty guideline varies depending with your state, household size and year. To know your income limit, check the table below:
|Household size||48 contagious states||Alaska||Hawaii|
|For every additional person||$9,440||$11,800||$10,860|
2. Program requirements
You qualify for TruConnect free phone through ACP if you or any other member of your household participates in any of the following programs:
- Supplemental security income or SSI
- Federal public housing assistance or Section 8 Housing
- Veterans pension and survivors benefit
- Free and reduced school lunch or school breakfast program, including at US department of agriculture community eligibility provision schools
- Federal Pell grant
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance
- Head Start
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
What Documents Do I Need TruConnect Free Government Phones?
Before getting a TruConnect free government phone, you will be asked to attach a number of documents. These documents are usually needed by the national verifier to confirm your eligibility, identity and address. Please note that while attaching these documents, you shouldn’t attach your original documents. You should attach copies from a copy machine or pictures through a camera or smartphone scanner. In addition, your documents should never be blurred or fake. Here is a list of documents needed to get a TruConnect free government phone:
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document
- Government, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Green card
- Permanent resident card
- Utility bill
- Lease or mortgage
- Current income statement
- Child support award
- Copy of the Veterans Administration statement of benefit or social Security statement of benefits
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Current income statement
- Head start verification letter
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families approval document
- Federal public housing assistance approval letter
- Veterans pension and survivors benefits award letter
How To Apply For Truconnect Free Government Phones?
Do you qualify for TruConnect free government phone? Do you have all your documents ready? You can now apply for TruConnect free government phone through the carrier’s official website. From the website, follow all the given instructions as follows:
- Open this page truconnect.com/lifeline
- enter your ZIP code and email address
- Tap ‘apply’ now and identify whether Truconnect offers services in your state.
- You will be redirected to TruConect lifeline application form
- Start the application by filling your name, social security number or tribal ID number and date of birth
- Continue by providing your home address and contact information
- Create a 4 digit personal identification number, agree to the terms and conditions and tap “ Next “
- Follow the on-screen instructions, attach all the necessary documents and submit the form.
- After submitting the form, TruConnect will send it to national verifier
- They will verify your application as you wait for approval
- If your application is not clear and needs other additional documents, you will be asked for additional documentation.
- If your application is okay, you will get approval within few business days
- TruConnect will notify you of the approval and ship your free government phone to your provided address.
- You will get a TruConnect free government phone based on availability and your state of residence.
In Which States Do TruConnect Provide Free Government Phones?
To get TruConnect free government phone through lifeline, you must be residing in one of the following states:
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- New York
What Other Benefits Does TruConnect Offer?
Besides a free government phone, TruConnect also offers free unlimited talk, free unlimited text, free international calling and 14 GB of free data every month through its ACP program.
What Types Of Free Government Phone Do I Get From TruConnect
Do you qualify for TruConnect free government phone through lifeline? It’s unfortunate that you are not given a chance to select your phone of preference. TruConnect also doesn’t disclose what models of free phones to offer. This is because the carrier doesn’t have an exact model to give out but rather, they offer a free phone based on availability. From TruConnect lifeline or ACP programs, you can receive free smartphones like the ones listed below:
- Samsung Galaxy A10e
- Samsung S9 plus
- Apple iPhone 6
- Apple iPhone 6s
- Apple iPhone 6s plus
- Apple iPhone 7
- Apple iPhone 8
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung galaxy s6 edge
- Motorola Moto E6
- Motorola G7
- Samsung Galaxy A11
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Apple iPhone SE
- Google Pixel 3 XL
- LG Stylo 6
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 3
- Google Pixel 3A
- LG stylo 5
How To Check TruConnect Application Status?
After submitting your TruConnect application form, you will get approval within a few business days. The good thing about this service provider is that they consistently email applicants with an update on their application status. TruConnect also gives you an account number immediately after submitting your application form. You can use that number to check your application status by calling the company’s customer representative. To call TruConnect customer representative, dial 800(430-0443) every day 5 AM to 9 AM PST.
How Can I Activate My TruConnect Free Government Phone?
Once you receive your TruConnect free government phone, you should immediately activate it so that you can be able to connect to the carrier’s network. The good thing about TruConnect phones is that they come with a well-instructed activation guide. Read the guide and follow the given instructions to activate your device. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions and activate your TruConnect free government phone:
- Insert Truconnect SIM card in your free device
- Press and hold the power button in your phone to switch in
- Once you switch on the device, dial 611 on the keypad
- You will receive a message welcoming you to TruConnect
- This means that you have activated your free phone.
- Configure your TruConnect APN settings to your device to finalize the process.
Can I Bring My Own Phone To TruConnect?
Yes. Do you already have an existing phone and want to bring in to TruConnect? This is very possible through the company’s BYOP program. This program allows you to port in your phone as long as it’s unlocked and compatible with TruConnect. To check your phone’s compatibility, dial *#06# to get your device ID number, visit the company’s official website, enter your device ID and check compatibility.
Can I Replace My Truconnect Free Government Phone?
Yes, it’s possible to replace your TruConnect free government phone. Although the phone was given to you for free, getting a replacement phone won’t be free. If you lost, damaged or misplaced your TruConnect free phone, you will incur the cost of your replacement phone.