In this current world, everything revolves around internet connection. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, nearly every activity is conducted these days virtually. This makes it so hard for individuals or families who can’t afford internet connection. To make life bearable for these families, the government initiated the Affordable Connectivity Program. This is a federal program that offers monthly discounts on broadband services and a one-time discount to purchase connectivity devices like tablets and laptops. This program offers monthly internet discounts to low-income households through eligible carriers. There are many ACP-eligible carriers, TruConnect included.
If you want to know more about TruConnect, this is a mobile virtual network operator that offers incredible services through T-Mobile network towers. This incredible company offers services like free mobile hotspots, high-speed 4G/5G network access, cell phone talk, text services, and very responsive customer support services. The carrier also offers lifeline and ACP services to all eligible households. To receive benefits from these programs, however, you must be a participant in government assistance programs like Medicaid or have a total income that is below the federal poverty guideline. Our major focus today is TruConnect affordable connectivity program. In this guide, we will discuss how to qualify for TruConnect ACP, how to apply, necessary application documents and other important topics.
Who Can Qualify For TruConnect Wireless Affordable Connectivity Program?
To receive TruConnect ACP benefits, you must meet a number of requirements as directed by the federal communications commission. Below are the qualification requirements for TruConnect affordable connectivity program:
Should come from a low-income household
If your family has a very low annual income, you automatically qualify for TruConnect ACP program. However, your family should have a total income below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines to qualify for TruConect ACP.
Should be a participant in a government assistance program
Besides income requirements, you can also qualify for TruConnect ACP if you receive help from any federal or tribal assistance program. Below is a list of some of these programs:
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations.
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Federal Housing and Assistance Program (FPHA).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefits.
- Supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children.
- Besides the above programs, you are also considered eligible for TruConnect ACP if you have received federal Pell grant on the current award year or you’ve been approved for a free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program. This is through the USDA community eligibility provision in the 2021-2022 or 2020-2021, or 2019-2020 academic years.
In Which States TruConnect Offer ACP
One great advantage of TruConnect ACP is that it has services across several states of America. TruConnect ACP is available in states like California, Arkansas, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Nebraska, Texas, Utah, Washington, Puerto Rico, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Georgia, Colorado, Arizona, and Wisconsin, New Jersey, Idaho and US Virgin Island.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply To TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program?
To apply for TruConnect affordable connectivity program, there are a number of documents required. These are documents to prove that you meet ACP eligibility requirements discussed above. The document to attach should depend on your eligibility criteria. If you are eligible for ACP through low income, your document to attach should have your income details. On the other hand, if you qualify for ACP through participating in government assistance programs, you should attach any official document to prove that you participate in a government assistance program. Besides eligibility documents, you should also attach personal documents to prove your identity and address. Below are Examples of these documents:
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Green card
- Permanent resident card
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document
- Government, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Your passport
- Permanent resident card
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document
- Utility bill to prove your address
- Lease or mortgage statement to prove your address.
- Copy of the Veterans Administration statement of benefit
- social Security statement of benefits
- Invoice decree
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Current income statement
- child support award
- Federal public housing assistance approval letter
- Veterans pension and survivors benefits award letter
- Head start verification letter
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families approval document
How Do I Apply For TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program?
When you get all your documentation ready, you can now proceed to apply for TruConnect affordable connectivity program. The good news is that you can apply for TruConnect ACP either online or offline.
Offline application is where you contact TruConnect and ask a representative for help on how to apply for TruConnect ACP. You can contact TruConnect through the number 800-440-0443 or email [email protected] Alternatively, you can visit any TruConnect physical store in your locality, and a customer representative will help you get started. You can also apply offline through printing ACP application form, attaching eligibility documents and sending the form by mail to:
ACP support center
PO BOX 7081
London, KY 40742
When it comes to the online application, you can visit TruConnect official website and start your application. Alternatively, you can also opt to apply through the national verifier online portal. To apply for TruConnect ACP benefits online, follow the following procedure:
1. lifeline national verifier application
- From your browser, open this link fcc.gov/acp
- Tap on “apply now” for you to be redirected to affordable connectivity program official website acpbenefit.org
- On the new page, start your application
- Provide the required personal details. These ae details like your name, address, contact and date of birth
- Tick if you qualify independently or dependently and tap “next”
- Provide your email, password and create an ACP account.
- Attach eligibility documents
- Submit your form.
- Get Approved
- Contact TruConnect and receive your ACP benefits
2. TruConnect official website application
- Open truconnect.com
- Provide your ZIP code, email address and “enroll now”
- Provide all the required personal information and click ‘’next
- Attach ACP eligibility documents
- Submit the form and get approval to receive your ACP benefits
How Do I Check TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Application Status
When you submit your TruConnect ACP application, it may take 3 to 5 business days to get approval. After approval, you will then get an email with instructions on how to get your ACP benefits. Perhaps you don’t get approval after 5 business days! Here, you should check your TruConnect application status by chatting with an agent through TruConnect official website truconnect.com/contact-us or contact customer care on 1-800-430-0443.
What Benefits Do I Get If I Qualify TruConnect ACP?
When you qualify for TruConnect ACP program, you will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- You will get a one-time discount on purchasing a tablet with LTE connection.
- $30 monthly discount on broadband internet services and up to $75 internet service discounts to qualified households on tribal lands.
- If you reside in California, you will be able to get 14 GB of 4G LTE data, 8 GB of additional data to lifeline plan and WIFI hotspot capability.
- If you reside outside California, ACP offers benefits like 12.5 GB 4GLTE data, 8 GB 4 G LTE data to lifeline plan and WIFI hotspot capability.
- 8 GB of 4G LTE data, WIFI hotspot and a selection of an LTE hotspot device through the free ACP plan
What Kind Of Tablets Does TruConnect Give You Under ACP Program?
TruConnect does not really provide a free tablet. When you qualify for TruConnect ACP, you are normally given up to $100 discount towards purchasing a tablet. When getting a tablet through TruConnect ACP however, you won’t be able to know the exact model of tablet to receive. However, the most common type of tablet received through TruConnect ACP is the 8-inch Google play certified android tablet with LTE connectivity. Besides this model, you can be lucky to get other models of free tablets that is available at the time of application.
Does TruConnect Affordable Connectivity Program Have Any Restriction To Getting
Yes, TruConnect ACP has the following restrictions:
- ACP benefits cant be transferred to another household or individual
- ACP monthly discounts are limited to once in a month
- ACP discounts on devices are restricted to one-time discounts
- ACP devices are normally given subject to availability
- TruConnect ACP benefits are restricted to households whose members participate in government assistance programs or households with an income below 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
I Already Benefits From Lifeline Will I Automatically Enroll Affordable Connectivity Program?
If you receive lifeline benefits, some ISPs consider you eligible for ACP. However, you don’t automatically qualify to enroll for ACP as a lifeline beneficiary. Instead, you should request ACP enrollment through your service provider. In this case, you will be considered eligible for ACP through receiving lifeline program benefits.
What Are The Difference Between TruConnect ACP And EBB?
EBB program stands for the emergency broadband benefit program. This program was never in existence as it came to an end on the 31st of Dec 2021. Before Truconnect ACP, this carrier offered broadband discounts through the EBB program. Although Truconnect EBB and ACP were initiated similarly, there are a number of differences between them. These are:
- To qualify for TruConnect EBB, your income threshold was 135% of the federal poverty guideline. This is different from the ACP income limit, which is 200% of the federal poverty guideline.
- TruConnect EBB program provided a monthly internet discount of up to $50. This is different from TruConnect ACP, which offers a monthly internet discount of $30.
- Another difference between TruConnect EBB and ACP is that the former program provided services on a short-term basis while Truconnect ACP is likely to function for a longer period of time.
What Day Of The Month Does TruConnect Give ACP Benefits?
TruConnect has no specific day of the month that it offers ACP benefits. However, TruConnect ACP benefits are given on a monthly basis. That means that you will receive the next ACP benefits after 30 to 31 days from your previous billing. After one month count, you will receive your TruConnect ACP benefits regardless of which day it is.
Can I Have The TruConnect ACP And Lifeline At The Same Time?
Yes, it’s possible to get TruConnect ACP and lifeline benefits at the same time. This is because these two programs work separately. Therefore, if you qualify for TruConnect lifeline benefits, you can also receive TruConnect ACP benefits.
How Long Does TruConnect ACP Last? – Is the ACP permanent?
ACP has no termination issue date yet. However, one fact is that this program won’t operate permanently. The program is expected to operate until its allocated funds deplete. Since ACP has billions of allocated funds, this program is likely to operate for a long time.
Does TruConnect Have Hotspots?
TruConnect has free hotspot services. This is through ACP, which offers hotspot capabilities of 8 GB of 4G/LTE data.
Who Is The Carrier For TruConnect Wireless?
TruConnect is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that depends on other network providers to offer services. This carrier depends on T-Mobile network towers and sometimes sprint network depending on your residential location. Therefore, TruConnect is dependent on both Sprint and T-Mobile network.
Does TruConnect Have 5G?
Fortunately, TruConnect offers 5G network services. As aforementioned, TruConnect relies on T-Mobile network towers to offer wireless services. T-Mobile has very reliable 5G coverage with a fast download speed of up to 1 GBPS. This gives Truconnect customers access to a very fast and reliable T-Mobile 5G network access.