TracFone is a very famous wireless phone company in the US with more than 20 years of experience. It is a mobile virtual network operator that relies on other network towers. Regardless, TracFone wireless offers the best services to its customers. It offers reliable, nationwide network coverage to nearly every state in the US. In addition, it offers quality 4G LTE and 5G services through the help of big providers like T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. Additionally, TracFone offers affordable devices and flexible service plans with no contract involved. Tracfone also partnered with the government to offer free or discounted wireless services through lifeline program. The company also offers affordable connectivity program services, which is the focus of this article.
ACP is a federal program that offers monthly broadband benefits to eligible low-income consumers. Through service providers like TracFone, ACP offers a monthly internet discount of $30 and $75 to eligible consumers on tribal lands. Through TracFone Affordable connectivity program, eligible consumers are also given a one-time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing connectivity devices. To receive these benefits from TracFone ACP, however, there are requirements to meet. To learn more about TracFone ACP eligibility requirements, how to enroll for TracFone ACP, application documents needed and so on, read this article to the end.
How Does The ACP Benefit Work?
As aforementioned, ACP is a government program that offers monthly discounts on internet service bills. This program was initiated on 31/12/2021 to replace the former EBB program. ACP program was therefore initiated to help the poor and low-paid consumers to access the internet and remain connected. The program offers a number of benefits that don’t only help you to remain connected but also study online, work online or access emergency healthcare services.
Note that ACP benefits are given out through eligible service providers like TracFone wireless. Through these providers, eligible consumers can receive a number of ACP benefits depending on their carrier of preference. These are benefits like:
- Eligible consumers are given a monthly discount of up to $30 towards their internet service bills
- Eligible consumers on tribal lands are given a monthly discount of up to $75 towards their internet service bill
- Eligible consumers are given a one-time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing devices like tablets, laptops and computers.
- Eligible consumers are also given free smartphones depending with their selected service provider.
- Eligible consumers are given free text and call services depending on their selected service provider.
To receive these benefits, you must meet the ACP qualification requirements. These are: income based requirement or program based requirement. Income based requirement is where you qualify for ACP if you have an income below 200 % of the federal poverty guideline. The program-based requirement is where you qualify if you participate in any assistance program.
After you meet these requirements, you can apply for your ACP benefits through ACP online portal or directly through your selected service provider’s page. After applying, you will get approval to receive your ACP benefits. These benefits work as discounts towards your internet service bill. I mean, once you receive your ACP benefits, you will select a plan and get $30 or $75 off the initial price of your selected plan.
Does TracFone Participate in Affordable Connectivity Program?
Yes, TracFone is currently a participant in the affordable connectivity program. This carrier collaborates with the government to make sure everyone remains connected regardless of their financial status. Through ACP, TracFone offers $30 monthly discount on eligible plans. You can also get up to $75 monthly discount on your TracFone internet plan if you are a qualified consumer on tribal lands. Besides these discounts, TracFone offers free talk, text, and data through its ACP program.
Note that TracFone owns other companies like safelink wireless, simple mobile, straight talk, Walmart family mobile, net10 wireless, GoSmart mobile and clearway wireless.
Although not all, some of these subsidiary companies also participate in the ACP program. For instance, Straight talk offers $30 monthly discount on internet services and $100 discount when buying tablets or laptops. Simple mobile, straight talk and safelink wireless are other TracFone companies that offer ACP benefits.
Who are Eligible for TracFone Affordable Connectivity Program?
Before starting TracFone affordable connectivity program application, it’s important to mention that this program is not meant to benefit everyone. To benefit from TracFone’s affordable connectivity program, you should meet at least one of the following requirements:
1. You can qualify based on your income
The primary goal of the ACP program was to help low-income households access internet services. However, to qualify, you must demonstrate that your income is at or is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Plan. Therefore, before you apply for the TracFone ACP program, ensure your income is at or less than 200% of the FPP. This will increase your chances of qualifying for the ACP program if the other conditions are met. You will be required to provide documents to prove your household income.
2. You can qualify if you participate in government assistance programs
As said above, not everyone can qualify for the ACP program by determining their income level. Fortunately, you can qualify by participating in several government assistance programs. This is an advantage mostly to the residents whose income is above the 200% Federal Poverty Plan threshold in the United States. Below are the government-qualifying programs that you can participate in:
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program ( SNAP ) or food stamps
- Supplemental Security Income or SSI
- Special supplemental program for women, infants and children or WIC
- Federal public housing assistance or FPHA
- Veterans pension and survivors’ benefit
- Federal Pell grant
- Free and reduced-price school lunch program or school breakfast program.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Head start
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families or TANF
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations
3. You can qualify if you participate in lifeline
There are many low-income programs in the US, and Lifeline is among them. Lifeline is a government program that subsidizes the cost of communication services for low-income households. If you are enrolled in any lifeline program, you are also considered eligible for TracFone affordable connectivity program. Since the program benefits low income earners, qualified members are also considered eligible for TracFone ACP.
What Documents Do I Need While Applying For TracFone Affordable Connectivity Program?
To access TracFone’s affordable connectivity program benefits, you should fill and submit an application form. While submitting the form, however, you are required to attach a number of documents. Here is an example of documents needed while applying for TracFone affordable connectivity program:
- Medicaid award letter with your name, name of the entity that issued the document and an issue date
- Supplemental nutritional assistance program approval letter and must have your name, the name the program, the name of the entity that issued the document and an issue date
- Supplemental security income or SSI statement of benefits with your name, the name the program, the name of the entity that issued the document and an issue date
- Special supplemental program for women, infants and children benefit verification letter with your name, the name the program, the name of the entity that issued the document and an issue date
- Federal public housing assistance approval with your name, the name the program, the name of the entity that issued the document and an issue date
- Your previous year’s state, federal or tribal tax return
- Social security statements of benefits
- Veterans administration statement of benefits
- Child support award
- Pension statement of benefits
- Workers compensation statement of benefits.
- Birth certificate
- US driver’s license
- Certificate of US citizenship
- Green card
- Permanent resident card
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document
- Government, state, military or Tribal ID
- Utility bill
- Mortgage or lease statement
How Do I Apply to TracFone Affordable Connectivity Program?
There are different ways of applying for TracFone affordable connectivity program. However, you must first get approval from the lifeline national verifier. After approval, you can now visit TracFone website and enroll to their ACP program. Here are the various ways of applying for TracFone ACP:
Through the ACP Page
This is where you apply for TracFone affordable connectivity program through ACP’s official website. This is one of the most effective ways of applying for TracFone ACP. This is because you will get instant approval after submitting the form. Here is how you apply for TracFone ACP though ACP website:
- From your browser, open this link nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/
- Fill the given form by providing your full legal name, date of birth, identity verification and home address.
- Tick how you qualify. This is through yourself or through a dependent
- Tap “next “and follow prompts on the next page.
- Attach eligibility and personal documents
- Review and submit your form.
- Get your ACP application approval
- Contact TracFone to receive your ACP benefits.
Apart from the online application, you can also fill ACP physical application form and mail it ACP address as follows:
P.O BOX 7081
LONDON, KY 40742
Through TracFone website
After getting approval from the national lifeline verifier, you can now visit TracFone online website and enroll for ACP. To enroll for tracfone ACP, follow the following procedure:
- Visit the page myacpbenefit.com/en/#!/acp/marketplace/landing
- Fill the form by entering your name, zip code, email, phone number and tap “ continue “
- Follow the onscreen instruction and submit the form.
- Get approval and start enjoying your tracfone ACP benefits
Are There Any Restriction to Applying for TracFone Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
As we have mentioned, TracFone Affordable Connectivity Program is a facility that helps people struggling with paying monthly phone bills access them on discounts or freely. The federal government, through Congress, launched the ACP program after the EBB program ended. TracFone, in collaboration with the government, has made the facility available to all qualifying households in the United States. However, there are restrictions set before applying for the TracFone ACP program. These are restrictions like:
- Tracfone Affordable Connectivity Program is strictly restricted for low income households or people that participate in a government assistance programs.
- Tracfone ACP benefits are restricted to one member per household and these benefits can’t be transferred among household members
- Tacfone ACP discounts are limited to one time per month
- Tracfone ACP discounts on devices are one-time discounts
- You must give a notification to TracFone within 30 days if you are no longer eligible for the ACP program.
What Benefits Do Get If I Qualify for TracFone ACP?
TracFone is a service provider that offers quality services across the country. By qualifying for an ACP program, you will join many other customers enjoying TracFone’s benefits. You may ask, what benefits will I get once I qualify for the ACP program? There are several benefits found in the TracFone plans that you will enjoy. These include the following:
- You will get unlimited free texts.
- You will get free unlimited talk.
- You will get to enjoy 3 GB of unlimited data.
- There are discounts up to $30 per month if you live in non-Tribal land in the United States.
- If you live in Tribal lands in the United States, you will get discounts of up to $75 per month.
- There is a one-time discount of up to $100 that enables you to buy a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. Kindly note that you will have to pay an amount not less than $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of the program.
I Am Already in TracFone EBB Beneficiary, is it Automatically Converted to TracFone ACP?
As we have mentioned, the Affordable Connectivity Program began after the EBB program ended on December 31st, 2021. The ACP program was to continue providing the same services that the EBB program was offering to all qualifying residents in the US. However, if you had services running on the EBB program, you had up to March 1st, 2022, to enjoy the EBB program services. This was 60 days used for transition, after which it was a must to reapply for the Affordable Connectivity Program. Therefore, TracFone EBB beneficiaries are not automatically converted to Tracfone ACP.
Does TracFone Offer a Free Tablet Under the ACP Program?
TracFone does not offer free tablets under the ACP program. Instead of a free tablet, TracFone ACP gives eligible customers a one-time discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet.
Can I get ACP and Lifeline at the Same Time?
Yes, you can get both ACP and Lifeline at the same time. Fortunately, you are allowed to tender your application for Lifeline and ACP programs simultaneously. This is good news for all qualifying residents in the United States, for they will have access to communication at a lower cost. All you need is to ensure you meet the qualification requirements before you apply. So, if you are qualified for both ACP and Lifeline, proceed to apply for both programs. Only note that you can only have one ACP and one Lifeline for your household.
Can I Switch My ACP Provider?
Yes, you can transfer your ACP benefits to another provider once a month. If you want to switch, you must notify your ACP provider and ask for the transfer of your benefits to the provider you want to. Kindly note that you may be needed to reapply again before your benefits are transferred to your new provider. To switch your ACP provider, you will require the following: they will require the following;
- The personal details you provided which include your full name, date of birth, home address, and phone number.
- Your written or verbal confirmation that you want to transfer the ACP benefit.
How Long will the Affordable Connectivity Program ACP Last?
The ACP program replaced the EBB program, which was a short-term program. When coming up with the ACP program, the government injected $14 billion to facilitate the program’s running. Besides, the ACP program was announced to be a long-term program. This means the program will continue helping the eligible residents unless the government communicates otherwise.