Safelink Wireless is an incredible service provider that provides amazing services to almost all states in the US. Branded by Tracfone, this company assures you of very reliable and quality network coverage. Safelink is also a lifeline-supported company that provides government benefits to all qualified individuals. Through lifeline, safelink offers free smartphones, free talk, text, and data to every low-income individual. Although these benefits vary by state, safelink ensures all low-income households enjoy free wireless services for easy communication.
In addition, safelink participates in the newly created ACP program. Also known as Affordable Connectivity Program, this is federal project that offers discounts on internet services and devices to qualified households. When it comes to safelink free tablet, this carrier doesn’t offer free tablets as speculated. Although several carriers offer free tablets through ACP to qualified households, safelink is exceptional. This is because free tablets are not included in their ACP deals. Instead, it offers other essential benefits like free phone, free text, calls, and data. To know all the facts surrounding Safelink free tablets, read this guide to the latter.
How Do I Get SafeLink Free Tablet Under ACP
As aforementioned, this company doesn’t include free tablets in their ACP benefits. According to the federal communications commission, ACP should offer $30 per month towards internet bills and a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing devices like tablets. Currently, this rule is not applicable in safelink.
Instead of free tablets, safelink offers free smartphones, free unlimited talk, and text, 25 GB of high speed monthly data and up to 5 GB hotspot data through ACP program. To get free smartphones from safelink ACP however, you must come from low income households. Once you qualify, you will be lucky to receive quality and effective brands of smartphones.
One thing to note however, is that you won’t know the exact free smartphone to get until it’s delivered to you. This is because safelink randomly selects a free smartphone for you depending on your state, eligibility, and the types of phones available. However, you are likely to receive free smartphones like Apple iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy A21, Nokia 6300, Samsung Galaxy A01, Google Pixel, and LG G5, among others.
What Benefits Does SafeLink ACP Provide?
Safelink ACP benefits are simply the best. This carrier offers free unlimited services through ACP, which is not common among other service providers. Once you qualify for ACP, you will be able to get free monthly benefits while still keeping your number and device. To be precise, safelink offers free unlimited talk, free unlimited local talk minutes plus international calls to Mexico and Canada.
Safelink ACP also offers 25 GB of monthly high speed data plus 5 GB of monthly hotspot data. This makes it so easy to connect with your loved ones, attend virtual meetings, virtual classes and so on. With this internet, you are at liberty to video stream with 480p.
With safelink ACP, you will also get a free smartphone, a free SIM card, and other additional benefits, depending on your state. To see additional safelink ACP offers in your area, click this page safelinkwireless.com, scroll down and tap see offers.
Finally, qualifying for safelink ACP allows you to enjoy nationwide coverage, good customer relation, and non-contract services.
How To Get Free Tablet Through Other ACP Providers
Unfortunately, safelink doesn’t offer free tablets. However, you shouldn’t despair because there are other ACP providers that offer free government tablets through ACP. One thing to note, however, is that the tablets provided by these carriers are not wholly free. Instead, you get a discount of up to $100 towards purchasing a tablet after paying a co-pay of $10.01. To get free tablets from the government, visit companies like Q Link Wireless, StandUp Wireless, Cintex Wireless, AirTalk Wireless, Easy wireless, NewPhone wireless and Maxsip telecom.
Who Qualify For ACP Free Tablets?
ACP-free tablets are meant for qualified households only. To qualify, you should meet the following requirements:
You should have a low income
This is where you qualify for ACP tablets based on your income. Basically, your total annual income or that of your household should be at or less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
You should participate in the certain federal program
Alternatively, you can qualify for ACP free tablets if you or any member of your family participates in the following program:
- Supplemental nutrition assistance programs
- Special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children
- Federal public housing assistance / Section 8 Housing
- Veterans pension and survivors benefits
- If you have ever received a federal Pell grand in a current award year
- Free and reduces price school lunch program
- School breakfast program.
You should participate in certain tribal program
Tribal programs are meant to offer certain assistance to low-income families in tribal lands. If you participate in these programs, therefore, you are considered eligible for ACP tablets. These are programs like:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Head start
- Tribal Temporary Assistance For Needy Families
- Food distribution program on Indian reservations.
What Documents Do I Need For ACP Application?
While applying for the safelink Affordable Connectivity Program, you will be asked to attach a number of documents. These documents are normally meant to verify your eligibility based on your Income or program participation. Besides you will also be asked to attach documents to verify your identity and address. Below is an example of these documents:
When we talk about personal documents, you should attach official documents with your full legal name and date of birth. These are documents like:
- Government, state, military or Tribal ID
- U.S driver’s license
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Green card
- Permanent resident card
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number(ITIN) document
- Lease or mortgage statement to prove address
Income eligibility documents
These are other important documents to submit when applying for ACP free tablets. These documents are relevant in proving that you indeed qualify for ACP either based on your income. These documents must prove that your income is below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. These are documents like:
- Prior year’s federal, state or Tribal tax return
- Paycheck stub
- Current income statement
- Copy of the Veterans Administration statement of benefit
- social Security statement of benefits
- Invoice decree
- Unemployment or worker’s compensation statement of benefits
- Pension or retirement statement of benefits
- child support award
Program eligibility documents
On the other hand, if you qualify based on program participation, you must provide a verification letter, award letter, approval letter or any other documents to prove that you participate in a certain program. It’s important to note that your document must have your valid name, the name of the agency that issued the document to you, program name and an issue date within the last 12 months. These are documents like:
- Federal public housing assistance approval letter
- Veterans pension and survivors benefits award letter
- Head start verification letter
- Tribal temporary assistance for needy families approval document
How Do I Apply For ACP Free Tablet?
There are three different ways of applying for ACP free tablets. One of the easiest ways is applying directly through a qualified service provider. To apply for ACP free tablet:
1. Apply through a service provider
This is where you apply directly through Safelink official website. To apply:
- Visit – (Qlink Wireless, StandUp Wireless, Cintex Wireless, AirTalk wireless, easy wireless, NewPhone wireless and Maxsip telecom)
- Provide your ZIP code and tap on start to start your application
- Fill the form by proving your personal info, address and device info
- Attach all eligibility documents
- Review to confirm all your details are valid and correct
- Submit your application form and get approval within 48 hours
- Since safelink doesn’t offer free tablets, you will receive a free smartphone instead.
2. Apply through FCC official page
- Visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/
- Complete the form by providing your name, date of birth, identity verification and address
- Attach important verification documents and submit the form
- Get approval and contact safelink wireless or any other eligible carrier and select an ACP Plan.
3. Apply via mail
- Visit this page affordableconnectivity.gov/wp-content/uploads/ACP-Application-Form-English.pdf
- Download and print ACP application form
- Complete the form and attach all necessary documents
- Mail the form to ACP support center, P.O Box 7081, London, KY 40742
- Get approval and contact an eligible service provider to receive your ACP free tablet.
What Type Of Free Tablets Do I Get From Government?
The government offers free tablets to help low-income households to remain connected with loved ones, study, or work online. Therefore, these tablets have internet connection as a key feature. Besides internet connection, free tablets from the government also supports WIFI and hotspot features. The government offers free tablets like Samsung galaxy tab S7, Samsung galaxy tab active 2.8”, LG G pad 5 4G LTE, Lenovo tab M 10 plus tablet, and the new Microsoft surface G0 3 tab.
Does SafeLink Have 5G?
Does SafeLink Offer Free Unlimited Data?
Unfortunately, safelink does not offer free unlimited data. After qualifying for safelink ACP, you will get limited data of 25 GB every month. Besides, you will also get 5 GB of hotspot data
Can I Get A Free Tablet Through Lifeline Program?
It is currently not possible to get a free tablet through lifeline. This is because lifeline offers free phones instead of free tablets. However, you are considered eligible for ACP benefits if you receive lifeline benefits. Therefore, you can get a free ACP tablet as a lifeline beneficiary.
Can I Get A Free Tablet With Food Stamps?
It is possible to receive a free tablet with food stamps. As you already know, free tablets are provided to eligible households through ACP program. To participate in ACP, you should be a low-income consumer or a participant in government assistance programs. Food stamps is one of the many government assistance programs that exist. This makes food stamps customers qualified to receive a free tablet through ACP program.
Can I Get A Free Tablet From A Charity Or Non-profit Organization?
It’s possible to get a free tablet from charity and nonprofit organizations. If you miss a chance to receive a free tablet from the government, you should try asking for help from charities and nonprofit organizations. To get a free tablet from these organizations, you should be a financially strained individual who is in dire need of a tablet. Mostly, these organizations offer free tablets to college students who can’t afford a tablet.
Some of the charity and nonprofit organizations that offer free tablets are Salvation Army, Freecycle, computer 4 kids, and charity churches. After requesting for a free tablet from these organizations, you can receive a new or refurbished tablet.