Safelink is one of the subsidiary companies of TracFone that focuses mainly on offering affordable cell phone services to low income earners living in the United States. As long as you meet its Lifeline program eligibility requirements, you can get a free smartphone, unlimited text, talk and mobile data. Additionally, Safelink also provides Affordable Connectivity Program that goes a long way in keeping your overall communication costs at the bare minimum.
Unlike other carriers, Safelink allows you to bring your own phone and enjoy its services right away. However, you must meet its Lifeline eligibility requirements so that you can enjoy this luxury. If you are eligible, you will be able to enjoy Lifeline discount on your current phone. Whether it is Android or iPhone device, be sure that you can now bring it to this carrier as long as it is unlocked and compatible. Thankfully, you can find a number of compatible models at Walmart that you can bring to this carrier and get started. In this article, we shall take a closer look at the Safelink compatible phones at Walmart alongside other related facets.
Can I Find Safelink Compatible Phones At Walmart?
Yes. Besides other reputable online stores such as Amazon, Target and Best Buy, you can now find Safelink compatible phones at Walmart. Here, you will be able to come across a wide range of decent models that will please you.
From Android devices to iPhone devices, there is a plethora of impressive models that you can get at Walmart. Unlike other stores, Walmart sells these models at a budget-friendly price. As a result, you will not miss a Safelink compatible model that will suit your needs.
How Can I Tell That My Phone Is Compatible With Safelink Wireless?
Your device can be compatible with Safelink Wireless if at all it meets the following requirements:
- It can use a SIM card. Typically, Safelink has traditional nano and micro SD cards. Your device of choice has to use any of these SIM cards for it to be compatible with this carrier.
- Your device of choice has to be unlocked. In case your device displays the ‘Restricted’ or Contact Service Provider’ message, chances are that it is locked to a different carrier. With such a device, you will not be able to make calls or send text messages using a Safelink SIM card. Therefore, you have to unlock it first before you can bring it to this carrier.
- Your device has to be GSM-enabled. However, this carrier also supports CDMA technology as it compatible with carriers such as Sprint, Verizon, U.S Cellular, among others.
As far as compatibility is concerned, it is imperative to note that Blackberry and other older models might not essentially work with this carrier. However, if any of these models work with Safelink Wireless, be sure that you will not enjoy the much-needed functionality. Here, you might experience issues with web usage, picture usage and so much more.
Best 6 Phones That Are Compatible With Safelink
Walmart is home to a number of Safelink-compatible phones. Some of the best models that you can purchase from this store include:
1. Motorola Moto G 7
To start with, the above-mentioned model comes with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD screen display that is large enough for you to watch your favorite movies, surf the internet, play mobile games and so much more. Besides this, the phone boasts of having the following impressive features:
- It runs on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- The model is powered by Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm) chipset
- When it comes to memory storage, the model does not disappoint as it comes with a 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM. Additionally, the model takes pride in having a dedicated slot for inserting a micro SDcard.
- At the back, the model comes with a dual camera whose capacities are 12MP and 5MP. Also, there is a LED flash feature that allows you to take high quality photos even under low light intensities. At the front, the model boasts of having an 8MP camera that allows you to take high quality selfies.
- The model comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
- Unlike other models, this one comes with a long-lasting battery with 3000 mAh.
- The model supports 4G LTE network.
2. Google Pixel 3
The above-mentioned model comes with a 5.5 inch P-OLED screen display. With this screen display in place, you will have a large interface to play mobile games, stream your favorite online contents, watch videos, surf the internet and so forth. Apart from this, the model runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) which can be upgraded to Android 12. Here are the other features that make this model great:
- The phone is powered by a Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) chipset
- Although the model does not come with a memory card slot, it come with a 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM.
- When it comes to the camera section, the model does not disappoint as it comes with a single 12.2 MP camera at the back. In additional, it has a dual-LED flash feature that help you to take high quality photos under low light intensities. Unlike other models, this one boasts of having a dual 8 MP camera at the front. This camera system enable you to take high quality selfies either alone or with friends.
- The model comes with a Li-Po battery whose capacity is 2915 mAh.
- The phone comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
- The model supports 4G LTE networks.
3. Apple iPhone 7 Plus
Compared to other iPhones in the market, the above-mentioned model comes at a budget-friendly price. Besides this, it comes with an impressive 5.5 inch Retina IPS LCD screen display.
Since this screen is relatively large, you will enjoy surfing the internet, playing mobile games, streaming online content, watching movies and so forth. As far as the operating system is concerned, the above-mentioned model runs on iOS 10.0.1, which can be upgraded to iOS 15.7. Here are the other features that set this model apart from its peers:
- It is powered by Apple 10 Fusion (16 nm) chipset
- This model does not come with a dedicated slot for inserting your micro SDcard. However, it comes with 32GB ROM and 3GB RAM. With this storage in place, you will have enough space to store your favorite photos, videos, documents and so forth. Additionally, your model will hardly hang, thanks to the 3GB RAM.
- Unlike other models, this one comes with a dual camera at the back. The capacity for these cameras is 12 MP each. There is also a quad-LED dual-tone flash feature that allows you to take high-quality photos and videos even at night. At the front, the model has a single 7MP camera that enables you to take high quality selfies anytime you want.
- The model boasts of having a long-lasting Li-Ion battery whose capacity it 2900 mAh.
- The phone comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities
- It supports 4G LTE networks
4. Apple iPhone 8
Besides the models that we have discussed above, be sure that you can now get the Apple iPhone 8 at Walmart. The good news is that this model supports 4G LTE networks. Moreover, it comes with a 4.7 inch Retina IPS LCD screen display. Here are the other features that make this model worth the money:
- The model runs on iOS 11, which can be upgraded to iOS 16.0.3
- It is powered by Apple A11 Bionic (10nm) chipset
- Although the model does not come with a dedicated slot for inserting a micro SD card, the phone comes with a 64GB ROM and 2GB RAM.
- At the back, the model boasts of having a single 12 MP camera and quad-LED dual-tone flash feature. To enable you take great selfies, the model comes with a single 7 MP camera at the front.
- The model comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
- The above-mentioned phone comes with a long-lasting Li-Ion battery whose capacity is 1821 mAh.
5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 8
If you are looking for a Safelink compatible phone with a large screen display, look no further as Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is the best model for you. To put this into perspective, this model comes with a 6.3 IPS LCD inch screen display. Besides this, the model take pride in having a 32GB ROM and 3GB RAM.
With these features in place, you will have adequate space to store all your favorite files. Additionally, your phone will hardly hand whenever you are multitasking, thanks to the 3GB RAM. Here are other features that make the model impressive:
- It is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm) chipset
- The model runs on Android 9.0 (Pie), which can be upgraded to Android 10.
- Unlike other Safelink compatible phones, this one comes with 4 cameras at the back. These cameras have the following capacities; 48 MP, 8 MP, 2 MP and 2 MP respectively. Also, there is a LED flash feature that allows you to take high quality photos even at night. At the front, the model has a 13 MP camera.
- The model boasts of having a long-lasting Li-Po battery whose capacity is 4000 mAh.
- The phone supports 4G LTE networks
- It comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
6. Samsung Galaxy A50
If you are interested in a Samsung model that can work well with Safelink Wireless, the Samsung Galaxy A50 is the best choice for you. To start with, the model comes with a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED screen display. Apart from this, the model runs on Android 9.0(Pie) which can be upgraded to Android 11.Here are the other features that make this model better than its peers:
- It is powered by Exynos 9610 (10nm) chipset
- When it comes to the storage section, the model boasts of having a 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM. In addition, it has a dedicated slot where you can insert a micro SDcard and expand its internal memory space.
- At the back, the model comes with 3 cameras whose capacity is 25 MP, 8 MP and 5 MP. To enable you take high quality photos at night, the model comes with a LED flash feature which is optional to use. At the front, the model comes with a 25 MP camera. With this camera in place, you will be able to take high quality selfies anytime you please.
- The model comes with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities
- The phone is powered by a long-lasting Li-Po battery with 4000 mAh.
- The model supports 4G LTE networks.
Other Safelink compatible models that you might find at Walmart include:
- Samsung Galaxy A20s
- BLU C6(C031P)
- ROKiT iO Pro 3D
- Apple iPhone 6
Does Walmart Have A Return Policy?
Yes. As we speak, you can now return a defective device via mail if your device was shipped to you by Walmart. Here, you should ensure that you return it within 90 days from the date of purchase. For optimal results, there is a need for you to keep the receipts and packaging safe and in a pristine condition.
Additionally, you are free to return your defective device to your nearest brick and mortar Walmart store. However, you will not get a replacement once you return your defective or damaged device to the local store. Instead, you will be able to get a refund.
If you have misplaced your receipt, you can still return your damaged or defective device. However, if you want to return a defective Safelink phone, there is a need for you to return it alongside the receipt that was issued when you purchased it from this store. Without that receipt, it will be very difficult for you to get a replacement model from this store. This is why you should purchase your desired Safelink model online as the receipt will always be available in your email inbox.
However, if you still need to get a replacement model from your nearest Walmart, you can visit it and ask the agent that you will find there to check their system and establish when you purchased your Safelink device. Once the purchase date is established, the agent will help you to get a replacement model if at all you have brought your device within 90 days from the date you bought it.
Difference Between Safelink Phones At Walmart And Those Found On Other Sites
To start with, Safelink offers all Lifeline-eligible customers a free smartphone alongside free monthly plans. When it comes to cell phone plans, be sure that you will enjoy 350 minutes of talk, unlimited text and 4.5 GB of mobile data if you live in other states other than California. However, if you reside in California, be sure that you will enjoy 6GB of mobile data, unlimited text and talk, free of charge. Besides this, Safelink allows you to bring your own phone.
This means that you will be able to use your own unlocked phones on this carrier’s free cell phone plans. Consequently, a Safelink phone can mean a free model obtained via Lifeline program or one that can be used with the Safelink plans mentioned above.
When it comes to Walmart, it is imperative to note that Safelink teamed up with it in order to offer Lifeline eligible customers additional discounted unlimited plans. Here, you will be able to enjoy unlimited plans that come at a discount of up to $10. Typically, these unlimited plans are known as Walmart Family Mobile service plans. You will also get a free smartphone so that you can remain connected inexpensively.
Thankfully, the above-mentioned special family mobile offer is not available in order online sites. Instead, it can only be found at Walmart. Therefore, if you are eligible for Lifeline Assistance program, you are at liberty to decide if you want to get a phone that you can utilize with the free plan from Safelink or one from Walmart’s Family Mobile. Remember that these two options allow you to bring your own phone. Therefore, smartphones purchased from Walmart can work well with Walmart Family Mobile or Safelink free plan.
Critical Features To Check When Buying Safelink Phone At Walmart
When purchasing a Safelink phone at Walmart, there is an array of features that you should keep an eye on. Some of these essential features include:
- Your device of choice has to be unlocked. Whether it is Samsung model or Motorola model, your desired phone has to be unlocked. If you purchase a locked device, it will not work well with Safelink. Therefore, you have to ensure that you choose a model that is not tied to a different carrier.
- Your preferred model should be affordable. As long as you do not strain your budget when purchasing your desired model, be sure that you will be good to go. For optimal results, compare the prices of other decent models and choose the one that suits your budget. Chances are that you will come a model that is within your budget, yet it comes with impressive features. If you are operating on a budget, consider buying a refurbished model. This way, you will be able to save more bucks in the long run.
- Ensure that your Safelink device of choice comes with a large RAM. For instance, you should consider choosing a model that has a 3GB RAM and above. Thankfully, recent models come with such properties. With such a model at hand, you can be sure that your device will hardly hang whenever you are multitasking.
- Your preferred model should come with a large ROM storage. For example, devices that have 64GB ROM tend to store more data than those with smaller ROMs. If your device has a large ROM storage, you will have ample space to store your favorite music, photos, videos, documents and so much more. The larger the ROM storage, the better the device.
- Your model of choice should come with great camera features. For instance, its selfie and rear cameras should be impressive. If your device has a good front camera, you will be able to take decent selfies anytime you want. On the other hand, if your model has a good rear camera, you will be able to take high quality photos and videos. Besides having a good rear camera, your model of choice should come with an LED feature. With this feature in place, you will be able to take high quality photos and videos even at night.
- Your Safelink phone of choice should come with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities. These features play an instrumental role in ensuring that your device is connected to the internet and other devices respectively.
- Be keen to choose a model that supports 4G LTE or 5G network. This way, you can be sure that you will be able to enjoy a good internet connectivity regardless of your current location.
- Your model of choice should come with a long-lasting battery. Unlike other conventional batteries, this one will ensure that you remain connected for longer. After all, you will not have to charge your battery every now and then for you to remain connected.
- Ensure that you choose a model that is easy to hold and use. The good news is that recent models come with a slim design that allows users to manage them with one hand. Additionally, such models are able to fit in one’s pockets. This feature makes them more portable than the previous models.
Is Walmart A Good Place To Purchase Your Safelink Phone?
Yes. As we speak, Walmart is one of the best places where you can purchase a Safelink phone. Here, you will be able to get some of the best iPhone and Android devices. Besides this, these models come with impressive features that will mesmerize you.
When it comes to costs, you do not have to worry as these models come at pocket-friendly prices. Moreover, the store offers unlocked phones that can be used with Walmart Family Mobile service plans. This makes the store the ultimate place to shop for Safelink phones.
Can I Find Safelink SIM Card At Walmart?
Yes. Besides Safelink phones, be sure that you will be able to find Safelink SIM cards at Walmart. Thankfully, these SIM cards are not only available on Walmart’s online store but also at the brick and mortar store close to you.
Does Walmart Offer A Trade-in Option?
Yes. Walmart now allows you to trade in your old device. However, you will not be given money in exchange for your device. Instead, you will be given a credit or a gift card that you can utilize online or at the nearest Walmart store.
Can I Get Other Carrier Phones At Walmart?
Besides Safelink phones, Walmart offers phones that can work with the following carriers:
- Total Wireless
- Straight Talk
- Boost Mobile
- Cricket Wireless
- U.S Cellular
- Simple Mobile
- Net10 Wireless