Q Link Wireless is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) that offers several incredible services to its customers. The company guarantees nationwide 4G/5G fast speed network, incredible phones, friendly customer care services, and nationwide network coverage with no fee service, no contracts and no credit checks. Q Link Wireless is also one of the largest lifeline service provider whose mission is to offer cheap and affordable telecommunication services to every qualified consumer. The company understands that mobile phones are no longer a luxury but a necessity. Therefore, if you come from a low-income household but can’t afford a cell phone, Q link got your back.
Besides offering free phones to low-income customers, Q Link also allows BYOP to their network. To bring your own phone to Q Link Wireless, the device must be compatible to their network. The good news is that you can now buy Q Link compatible phones at Walmart. In fact, if you have an income below 135% of the federal poverty guideline or participate in any federal poverty guideline like SNAP or Medicaid, you can get Q link compatible phones at Walmart at a cheap discounted price and bring it to Q Link through BYOP program. This will enable you to connect to friends, work and seek health care services with ease. On this page today, we will discuss Q Link compatible phones at Walmart and much more.
Can I Buy Q Link Compatible Phones At Walmart?
Walmart is a very famous and reputable brand that sells a wide variety of high-quality phones from different brands. Although it’s possible to find Q Link compatible phones at Walmart, Walmart doesn’t sell Q link phones directly because there is no direct connection between the two. What happens? Walmart sells unlocked phones which are not only compatible with Q Link wireless but with other carriers as well.
Therefore, when buying your unlocked phone from Walmart, you should first check to confirm whether it’s compatible with Q Link wireless or not. If you need to buy Q Link compatible phone from Walmart, you don’t have to strain because we have checked compatibility and highlighted the ten best phones for you below.
What Phones Are Compatible With Q Link Wireless?
Before answering that question, let’s help understand those who don’t know what we mean by Q Link compatible phones. As already mentioned, Q link has an incredible BYOP program that allows you to bring your own phone when shifting to their services. However, you can’t just bring any other phone to this network. To qualify, your phone must be able to work with Q Link network, accept their SIM card and allow you to use their free services.
One of the greatest advantages of Q Link technology is that it is open to a wide range of phones. In fact, nearly all unlocked phones are compatible with Q Link wireless. This means that any brand and model of phone that uses a regular type of SIM card is compatible with Q Link wireless. This includes Samsung, iPhones, LG, Motorola, Google phones, and so forth.
Can I Use CDMA Unlocked Phones With Q Link Wireless?
Yes, it is possible to use CDMA unlocked phones with Q link wireless. Why? You’re already aware that Q Link is a virtual company that doesn’t have self-network towers to depend on. Before shifting to another network, Qlink previously relied on Sprint network tower, which used CDMA network technology. As a result, Q Link is still compatible with CDMA unlocked phones. Note that not all CDMA unlocked phones are compatible with Q link wireless. Therefore, you should check your CDMA unlocked phone’s compatibility before bringing it to this network.
Can I Use GSM Unlocked Phones With Q Link Wireless?
Yes, using GSM unlocked phones with Q Link wireless is also possible. As mentioned above, Q Link shifted from Sprint network to another carrier. In the year 2020, Q Link merged with T-Mobile and relied on them to provide wireless services up to date. T-Mobile is a famous and large network service provider relying on GSM technology to deliver services. This makes Qlink compatible with both GSM and CDMA phones. Therefore, its true to say that you can use GSM unlocked phones with Q link wireless. As long as the phone allows Q link SIM cards, you are good to go.
What Networks Are Compatible With Q Link?
As of now, there are two networks that are compatible with Q Link. These are T-Mobile and sprint networks. This makes Qlink wireless a very reliable wireless service provider in terms of speed and network coverage. As mentioned earlier, Q Link was reliant on Sprint network only. Sprint however, ended its services and merged with T-Mobile. The merging of these two companies made Q link wireless compatible with both T-Mobile and Sprint network.
How Do I Know If My Phone Is Compatible With Q Link Wireless?
Q link wireless largest mission is to offer free lifeline and ACP services to every qualified consumer. To bring your own phone to Qlink therefore, you must be eligible for both or either of the programs. To qualify, you must have an income that is at or below 135 % or 200 % of the federal poverty guideline. Also, you can qualify if you participate in programs like SNAP, Medicaid, and SSI.
Once you meet the qualifications for these programs, you can now bring in your own phone to Qlink wireless. To bring your own phone to this network, you must first confirm whether it’s compatible. To confirm compatibility, visit qlinkwireless.com/BYOP.aspx and enter your phone’s MEID, ESN or IMEI number and tap on continue to get started.
To check your iPhone’s IMEI/MEID/ESN, dial *#06# and your device ID will pop on the screen. To check your Android’s ID, go to settings, and then tap about phone followed by status and scroll down to identify the numbers,
List of 10 Best Unlocked Q Link Wireless Compatible Phones At Walmart
There are several Q Link Wireless compatible phones at Walmart for purchase. Some of these phones are so reliable and effective in performance. Selecting the best phone to buy among the best can be hectic. To ease things for you, below is a list of the ten best phones that you should consider together with their features.
1. Apple iPhone 11 Pro
If quality performance is what you seek in a smartphone, then the latter is the absolute panacea for you. To begin with, it comes a large 5.8 inch display allowing users to view everything on a large interface. It has good picture and video clarity thanks to its robust screen resolution power. We have a record of the iPhone 11 Pro’s other outstanding features below.
- Be assured of nothing else but quality photos thanks to its powerful front and back cameras.
- It runs on iOS 15.5 platform which is upgradeable to iOS 16.
- Boasts of an inbuilt 3046 mAh battery. This battery allows both wireless and fast charging.
- Comes with a large storage space engineered to meet all your storage needs. It’s available in three different capacities (64GB, 256GB and 512GB. Also, it has a 4GB RAM.
2. Apple iPhone XS
iPhone XS is another incredible Qlink compatible phones that is available at Walmart. The phone boasts of many impressive features just as outlined below.
- It comes with a dual 12 MP rear camera that is powerful enough to take photos even at night. At the front it has 7 MP Selfie camera.
- Be sure to enjoy extensive talk time and standby time thanks to its reliable 2716 mAh battery.
- When it comes to storage, the latter is available in two versions (64GB 3GB RAM and 256GB 3GBRAM). Lastly, it is available in two colors, space gray and silver.
3. Motorola Moto G8 Power XT2041-1
Endowed with an efficient 5000mAh battery, Motorola Moto G8 Power XT2041-1 can run for hours before going off. More also, it allows fast charging. The phone comes with other features as listed below.
- If you are a photo lover, this is the absolute phone for you. It has a super powerful rear camera with 16 MP main lens and a 16 MP Selfie camera.
- Comes with a super clear 6.4inches LCD touchscreen. This has a screen resolution power of 1080(2300) pixels.
- This model boasts of a 64GB 4GB RAM storage capacity. Moreover, it has micro SD card slot that allows memory expansion up to 1TB.
4. Google Pixel 4XL
- Dual main camera that consists of 12mp + 16mp camera lenses. And a dual 8mp selfie camera.
- Dustproof and water-resistant body hence being iP68 rated.
- Its storage capacity varies between 64GB ROM and 128 GB ROM.
- Boasts a clear 6.3-inch display powered with a screen resolution power of 1440(3040) pixels.
5. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Besides having a cutting-edge screen design of Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus, this device boasts of very unique features. They include:
- It has a curved 6.2-inch display that is crystal clear thanks to its strong resolution power.
- Comes with a dual (12mp + 12mp) rear camera as well as dual front camera of 8mp + 2mp.
- This device runs on android 8.0 oreo that is upgradeable to android 10.
- It has different memory capacities to suit everyone’s needs. These versions include 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM and 256GB 6GB RAM version. On top of that, it’s available in up to eight different colors.
- Other features inscribed on this device include a fingerprint scanner and a 3.5 mm jack.
6. Google Pixel 3
Despite retailing at an affordable price on Google Pixel 3, latter comes with very competitive features. These are:
- Due to its fully waterproof and dustproof nature, this device is iP68 rated.
- The model runs on android 9.0 pie which is still upgradeable to android 12.
- Comes with a 5.5inch display size.
- It comes in two versions (64GB 4GB RAM and 128GB 4GB).
- Allows users to enjoy quality photos from its 12mp main camera and 8mp selfie camera.
- It comes with an inbuilt 2915 mAh Li-Po battery with wireless and fast charging technology
7. OnePlus 8 iN2010
OnePlus 8 iN2010 is another phone that gives users nothing short of a quality experience. It has the following features:
- It runs on Android 10 platform which is upgradeable to android 11.
- Has a powerful 48mp rear camera and a 16 MP front camera.
- When it comes to storage, this device boast of a 128GB ROM as well as an 8GB RAM.
8. Samsung Galaxy S10e
Here is yet another Q Link-compatible phone from Walmart that boasts very unique features, the Samsung Galaxy S10e. Below is a short summary of its features.
- It comes with a strong 10 MP front camera to take selfies anywhere. Also, it has a dual 12mp + 16mp rear camera for extra clear photos.
- Available in different memory versions to suit each buyers need. These versions include 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM and 256GB 8GB RAM.
- It comes with a micro SD slot for memory expansion.
- Boasts of a 5.8inch display that has a screen resolution power of 1080(2280) pixels.
- Lastly, it comes with an inbuilt 3100 mAh Li-Ion lasting battery
9. Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is another quality phone that works well with Q link network. You can get this phone from Walmart and get to enjoy the following specs:
- It comes with a dynamic AMOLED, HDR10+ 6.3inch display with a screen resolution power of 1080(2280) pixels.
- Always enjoy quality photos with its triple rear camera and a single front camera. The lenses at the back are of 12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP while that at the front is of 10 MP.
- You can even take photos underwater as it is iP68 rated.
- It comes with a very large 256GB ROM and 8GB RAM.
- It has a lasting 3500 mAh Li-ion battery.
10. TCL 20 SE
TCL 20 SE is yet another device that is very suitable for picture lovers. It comes with a robust 5000 mAh battery. The phone features:
- At the back, it has four camera lenses of 16mp + 2mp + 2mp + 5mp. On the other side, it has a single 8mp camera.
- This model runs on Android 11 platform.
- Has an impressive 6.8 inch display with a strong screen resolution power for utmost clarity.
What Features To Look For Before Buying Q Link Wireless Phones At Walmart?
You’re already aware that Walmart sells Q link Wireless compatible phones. Since Walmart is a big brand, you are likely to find a wide range of phones in their stores. This might make it hard for you to select the best phone. As a result, you should consider a number of factors that will guide you in selecting the best Qlink phone at Walmart. Below are important factors to look for:
Walmart sells a plethora of unlocked phones. However, Q link does not accept all unlocked phones that are sold at Walmart. As a result, it’s important to confirm whether your selected phone is acceptable at Q link before buying it. To check your phone’s compatibility, determine its IMEI number through following the procedure discussed above in this article. Note that each IMEI number is unique to every phone. Therefore, ensure to identify your device’s correct number for effective compatibility check.
Whether you are buying your Q link compatible phone at a cheaper price or at a high cost, your device of preference should be reliable. By this, I mean your selected phone must meet your needs. For instance, if you are an elderly customer, ensure that your device of choice portrays senior-friendly features. If you need a quality phone with clear camera and sufficient storage, always ensure that your phone of choice meets those needs.
Model of phones available
When buying your Q link compatible phone at Walmart, it’s also important to consider the types of models available for purchase. As aforementioned, Walmart sells several models of phones. However, it’s also possible to miss your preferred model from these stores. Therefore, visit Walmart’s official website and enter your preferred model of phone in the search bar. This enables you to find out whether your preferred model is available before you go ahead with the purchasing process.
It’s also important to consider your preferred phone’s price before buying it from Walmart. Walmart sells different types of phones with different pricing. Some phones are obviously more expensive than others. Therefore, it’s always right to buy a phone that suits your budget.
Battery is another crucial factor that you shouldn’t overlook while purchasing a Q link compatible phone at Walmart. When buying a phone, you should select the right battery capacity depending on how you want to use the phone. For instance, if you are a gaming fanatic or love streaming videos a lot, you should consider a phone with a lasting battery.
Nobody wants to spend much on the phone and buy another after a short period. Therefore, you should ensure your phone lasts before purchase. For instance, ensure your phone of choice is waterproof, dust or shockproof to avoid replacing it after falling or dropping in water.
Finally, checkout on other important features before buying a Q link phone at Walmart. These are features like quality cameras, huge storage, and security features like fingerprint sensors. Considering these features optimizes your phone’s performance.
Return Policy On Phones At Walmart?
If you purchased a phone at Walmart but are not satisfied with it, you are allowed to return it to their stores anytime. While planning to return your phone at Walmart, keep in mind that this company has the right to decline or limit your return. Besides, you must follow these return policies on phones at Walmart:
- You must return your phone within 14 days after purchase in undamaged state.
- Your phone must be returned with a receipt. This is because all phones returned without a receipt will have to undergo a return verification process
Once you meet the above policy, you can now return your phone through Walmart app, Walmart.com or return by mail. To return your device online, visit Walmart’s official website, select the item you want to return and explain reasons for returning it. After, select return to the store to receive your return barcode. Submit your return, get an email confirmation and take the email confirmation with you to a physical store to receive your item.
How Do I Activate Unlocked Phone With Q Link Wireless?
After getting your Q link compatible phone, you should activate it for use. To activate your unlocked phone with Q link wireless, insert your Q link SIM card in the phone. The good thing is that Q link SIM card kit will be given to you with everything needed to install to the phone. Also, the kit avails in different sizes. To insert your SIM card, select the size that is compatible with your phone, place the card on the phone’s SIM card tray and insert the tray back to the phone.
After inserting your SIM card, the next step requires you to reset your network. To reset your android phone, visit your phone’s settings, and select reset or network setting. Next, select network reset and continue with the given instructions. For iPhone, visit settings>general>reset>network reset settings. After the process, enter your device’s password and select confirm to reset your device.
Once you reset your device, transfer your phone number and download my mobile account app to manage your Q link app. You can download this app from Google play store or iPhone app store.
Does Walmart Upgrade Q Link Wireless Phones?
No, Walmart does not allow upgrades of Q link phones. This is because Q Link is just a platform that markets and sells different types and phones. Therefore, the platform has no direct connection with Qlink services. When you buy a Q link compatible phone, you can only upgrade it through Q link page.
Can I Buy Q Link SIM Cards In The Walmart Store?
No, as we have already stated, Walmart is just a platform that sells phones with no direct connection with Qlink. In fact, Q link SIM cards are never sold but are given for free courtesy of the lifeline program. Therefore, Q link SIM cards are exclusively found in Q link platforms with no charges involved.
From our guide, you can easily conclude that Q Link is an amazing wireless service provider. Although the company offers free cell phone services to qualified customers, it also sells cheap and quality phones to customers that wish to upgrade their phones. The good news is that Q link compatible phones for upgrades are also available in Walmart stores. As mentioned severally in our guide, all you need to do is check whether the phone is compatible with Q Link before purchasing. Also, consider your phone’s pricing, quality, battery, and other important factors discussed above in our guide. Buy your Q link compatible phone at Walmart today and join the family through the company’s BYOP program.