Qlink is an incredible wireless service provider in the US that epitomizes generosity to struggling families and individuals. I mean this company is so committed to extending a giving hand to low-income individuals with free or cheap wireless services through a program called lifeline. Funded by the universal service fund, lifeline is a government service program that partners with Qlink to offer discounts on phone services to eligible consumers in every state, tribal land, territory, or commonwealth.
If you qualify for lifeline as a Q Link customer, you will enjoy free data, free text, and free call minutes. Besides lifeline services, Qlink also offers amazing prepaid phone services with included data services, messaging, and wireless voice under their hello mobile brand. Qlink is also praised for its incredible network coverage with fast speed connection through the nation’s largest 4G LTE/5G network.
These amazing services make non-Qlink consumers desire to join Qlink services. Incredibly, this company has made it so easy for non-customers to join their services. The company also understands that new customers would love to bring over their old phones while shifting to their services. As a result, it runs a BYOP program that enables you to bring your own phone through a very instant and easy process.
All that is required is ensuring that the phone is unlocked and compatible with Qlink services. Q Link also allows you to bring an existing SIM card from your previous provider. You should however check out whether your SIM card is compatible with Qlink networks through a very simple process. On this page, we will have a detailed discussion about Qlink bring your own phone and other related ideas for better understanding.
Why Do You Bring Your Own Phone to Qlink Wireless
There are considerable reasons as to why you need to join and bring over your own phone to Qlink wireless. Below are the basis:
1. Q Link allows bring your own number
When you bring your own phone to Qlink wireless, you can also attach along with your loved number. To successfully bring your own number to Qlink, check whether it is compatible with their network by entering its 4 last digits. If yes, just activate your smartphone with your old SIM card in it and start enjoying Qlink services.
2. You will enjoy amazing lifeline benefits
Bringing your own phone to Qlink also allows you to enjoy free wireless services through lifeline program. Through this program, you will get free text, free talk and free data services. Howbeit, there are conditions to enjoy these services. You ought to have a total income below 135% of the federal poverty guideline or participate in a government assistance program.
3. Qlink has reliable coverage
When you join Qlink, you will also enjoy strong, reliable and greater coverage with no hidden fees and no credit checks. Q Link also upgraded its coverage to 4G LTE/5G with T-Mobile network, increased speed, and greater capacity.
4. Qlink offers ACP benefits
Bringing your own phone to Q Link also gives you access to amazing ACP benefits. ACP is an affordable connectivity program that grants discounts on monthly broadband services through the government. To qualify, you should participate in a government benefit program or have a total income below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines. Once you qualify, Qlink gives you the following:
- Free unlimited data
- Free unlimited picture messaging
- Free unlimited talk and text
- Free emergency call services
- A new tablet
- 3-way calling
Q Link Wireless Bring Your Own Phone Process
Imagine buying your favorite phone and dumping it afterward! With Qlink, we understand that smartphones can be personal sometimes. Through our BYOP program, you can connect to our networks with your smartphone of choice. As a matter of fact, you are not only allowed to bring your own phone but also experience a very simple and natural BYOP process.
1. Determine eligible for Qlink wireless
To bring your own phone and enjoy Qlink services, first determine whether you are eligible for lifeline. To qualify, you should be a low income customer with a total income below 135% of the federal poverty guideline. You can also qualify if you participate in assistance programs like SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, Section 8 housing assistance, and veterans/survivors pension benefits. After determining eligibility, proceed with other steps below:
2. Check your phone’s compatibility
Qlink has a very simple BYOP process; however, not all phones are allowed to their services. Although this is a very rare occurrence, it can be a real bummer to any customer. Therefore, we avoid it at all cost.
To join Qlink with your favorite phone, we will first ensure that the device in question is compatible with our networks. The first compatibility step is to ensure that your phone is unlocked. To have an unlocked phone basically means that your device is not tied to your previous carrier. Is your phone unlocked? If yes, enter its MEID, ESN, and IMEI and get notified whether you qualify to join Qlink services.
In the event you don’t know how to find your phone’s MEID, ESN, or IMEI, here is a quick guide:
- On your phone, dial *#06# and your IMEI, ESN, MEID will pop up on the screen.
- Alternatively, remove the back cover and battery of your phone and find the numbers or visit your phone’s settings, open about phone followed by status and scroll down to find the numbers.
- Dial *#06# for the numbers to show on the screen or visit your phone’s settings, followed by general, about and scroll down to find the numbers.
3. Order a free Qlink SIM activation kit
If your existing SIM card is not compatible with Qlink, you should order Q Link SIM activation kit. After, a free SIM card kit will be shipped to you and should come along with: an upgrade card, an ejector tool, and a detailed guide on how to successfully activate your new SIM card. Once your SIM shipping starts, you will get an email confirmation and a tracking number with an estimated date of delivery.
How Do I Install a Q Link SIM Card?
To install your Qlink SIM card:
- First, locate your Current SIM card, which is underneath your phone’s back cover or on a tray of the side panel
- Using an ejector tool, remove your current sim card
- Take the new SIM card and trim it to a size that fits your phone’s tray. Place the correct SIM card size on the tray and insert into the phone.
- Turn your phone on and start the activation process through the process explained below:
How To Activate it After Bringing Your Own Phone To Qlink Wireless?
After successfully installing your new SIM card, start activating your phone for use. As we mentioned earlier on, you should first reset your phone’s network before activation. Here is a detailed guide on how to activate your Qlink BYOP:
- Install a new SIM card in your phone by punching out the correct SIM size from the SIM card kit, inserting the correct size in the phone and turning on your phone
- Reset your phone’s network through visiting your phone’s settings, tap network settings, then network reset and continue with the prompts to reset your android phone.
- Download my mobile account app from Google play store
- Log in to the app using your Qlink phone number and successfully activate your phone
- Using your phone, dial 305-260-6232 to test whether your phone is successfully activated.
- Install your new SIM card in your iPhone through the process discussed above
- Reset your phone’s network by opening phone settings followed by general, tap reset, select network reset settings, enter your IPhone password, and tap confirm to reset your network
- Visit the app store and download my mobile account app
- Login to your app using your Qlink phone number.
- Complete your activation by making a test call on 305-260-6232
Does Qlink Use GSM or CDMA Technology?
Qlink is a mobile virtual network operator that uses both Sprint and T-Mobile network. As you probably know, sprint uses CDMA while T-Mobile uses GSM technology. This makes Qlink compatible with both GSM and CDMA technology.
What Phones are Compatible with Q Link Wireless SIM Card?
Qlink wireless is a lifeline service provider that focuses on providing free wireless services to low-income customers. The company allows customers to bring their own phones to enjoy the much-offered free wireless services. Q Link also allows the existing customer to bring their own phone for upgrade. Since Qlink is majorly focused on Lifeline services, any unlocked phones are mostly entry-level, mid-level and even the latest model phones are compatible. Below is a list of phones that are compatible with Q Link wireless SIM card.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 8
- Apple iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 13
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S21+
- Google Pixel 5a 5G
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel 2
- UMX U673C
- UMX MXW1
How Do I Get a Free SIM Card From Q Link?
Before ordering your Free SIM Card from Qlink, first, determine whether you are eligible for Qlink BYOP. To meet BYOP eligibility, you must have met all contractual and financial obligations with your current provider. In addition, your phone should not be leased or have lost or stolen claims. After meeting BYOP eligibility, your free SIM card will be shipped to your verified address within 1 to 2 days. Once your SIM card is prepared and ready for shipping, you will also get an email with a track order number to follow up on its movement.
Do I Need a New SIM Card for My Phone if I Bring it to Q Link?
Not necessarily. If your previous SIM card is compatible with Q Link network, you will not need a new SIM card. If your old SIM card is not compatible, however, you will need to order a new SIM card for free.
Can I Use My Q Link Wireless SIM Card with Another Phone?
Yes. You can use your Qlink SIM card with another phone because Q Link SIM card is unlocked. All you need to do is ensure that the phone you want to transfer to is unlocked and compatible with Q Link network.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Q Link Wireless SIM Card?
As stated above, Q Link wireless SIM card takes 12 to 48 hours to be shipped to your verified address.
Does Q Link Offer Free Government Phones?
No. as of now, Qlink lifeline does not offer free government phones. Q Link allows you to bring your own phone or get a low-cost discounted phone from their stores and enjoy a free SIM CARD, free unlimited data, free unlimited talk and text.
Will TracFone SIM Work with Q Link?
No. You can’t use a TracFone SIM card with Qlink because this SIM card is locked and limited to TracFone services only.