In the past, people used to enjoy a good internet connection via a home Wi-Fi network only. This is no longer the case because you can now enjoy a good internet connection even when you are away from your home. With a portable mobile hotspot, you will be able to remain connected, work online, and learn online. Additionally, the mobile hotspot allows you to share your mobile data with your friends and family members. A good example of this mobile hotspot is the Moxee Mobile hotspot.
With a Moxee Mobile hotspot, you will be able to enjoy a no-contract internet service on the go. As long as you have enough mobile hotspot data, you will be able to perform all the above-mentioned activities with less struggle. Although the Moxee mobile hotspot might be performing optimally at first, there are instances when it might develop connection issues. There are also complaints of Moxee hotspot no working from users. If you experience Moxee hotspot issues, worry not because this problem can be diagnosed in a number of ways. In this article, we shall discuss the various reasons why Moxee hotspot might not be working, how to fix and other helpful ideas.
Reasons Why Moxee Hotspot Not Working?
Your Moxee hotspot might fail to work due to a number of reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- Your current location has a poor network signal. Worse still, your location might not have a signal at all.
- There is a general outage within your locality. In this case, you have to wait for the maintenance team to fix the problem so that your Moxee hotspot can start working again.
- You have exceeded the number of devices that ought to be connected to your Moxee hotspot. Ideally, you should connect about 10 devices at a go. If you exceed this number, you will experience connection problems.
- Your Moxee hotspot is on battery saver mode.
- The Moxee hotspot device is not using the latest firmware.
- Your Moxee hotspot device is set to the wrong frequency.
- You have exceeded your Moxee hotspot’s bandwidth.
How to Solve Moxee Hotspot Not Working?
Although you might experience some of the problems mentioned above from time to time, the good news is that you can now fix them right away. Here are some of the solutions that can help you get started:
- Try to reboot your Moxee hotspot. By rebooting your Moxee hotspot, you will be able to get rid of any existing bugs that might be interfering with the normal functionality of your device.
- Switch off the Wi-Fi feature of all your connected devices and then switch it on again. Once you switch on the Wi-Fi feature, try to connect to the Moxee hotspot and establish if you will be able to connect to the internet or not.
- Change your current location and try to connect to the internet. Chances are that your new location might have a better network signal than your previous location.
- Look out for any EMF device close to the Moxee hotspot device. Unlike other devices, the EMF device usually blocks or weakens the network signals. Some good examples of these devices include microwaves, baby monitors and so forth.
- Check and establish whether you keyed in the APN settings correctly. If not, you might have to reconfigure your Moxee hotspot with the correct APN settings so that it can connect to the internet seamlessly.
- Reduce the number of devices that you have connected to the Moxee hotspot. For instance, if you had connected 12 devices, reduce them so that only 5 remain connected to the Moxee hotspot. The fewer the connected devices are, the better the internet connection.
- Ensure that your Moxee hotspot has the latest firmware. Thankfully, these updates are usually released every now and then. Since these updates come with better features, it does not hurt to update your Moxee hotspot’s firmware. This way, the Moxee hotspot will be able to connect to the internet successfully.
- If you had switched on the battery saver mode, switch it off. By doing so, your Moxee hotspot will start performing optimally. Better still, charge it so that you can utilize the hotspot device when it has sufficient charge.
- Check and establish if you have exhausted your mobile hotspot data. In case you have exhausted it, you might be prompted to purchase another package so that you can remain connected.
- If all the solutions mentioned above fails to bear fruits, feel free to contact Moxee customer support team. Here, you can visit moxee.com/contact-moxee and then address your issue from that end.
How Can I Speed Up My Moxee Hotspot?
If your Moxee hotspot has been slow in recent times, worry not as you can now speed it up. Some of the strategies that can help you get optimal results include:
- Reduce the number of connected devices. If you have connected 9 devices, try to reduce them to 5 or even less. Remember that the fewer the number of devices you have connected to the Moxee hotspot, the better the internet connection.
- Reduce internet usage on connected devices. For instance, if you are playing online mobile games using 7 devices, only play these games using 3 devices or even fewer. This way, you will go a long way in improving the performance of the Moxee hotspot device.
- Ensure that you have updated the Moxee hotspot’s firmware. Keep an eye on the latest updates so that you can take advantage of the recent changes made in the software of this device.
- Ensure that you are in an area that has good network coverage. If your locality experience poor network signal, relocate to an area that has better network coverage.
- Remove any EMF device that might be near the Moxee hotspot device. For instance, if you have a microwave, remove it so that your hotspot device can perform optimally.
- Restart your Moxee hotspot so as to eliminate any existing bugs.
- Charge your Moxee hotspot so that you do not have to switch the battery saver mode every time you want to utilize the hotspot device to connect other devices to the internet.
- Reconfigure your Moxee hotspot with the correct APN settings.
- Check and establish whether there is a network outage within your locality. In case there is maintenance going on, you might have to wait until this undertaking is over so that you can connect your devices to the internet.
- Ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limit of your hotspot plan. In case you exceed, your data usage might be throttled, thereby interfering you’re the performance of your hotspot device. To get connected again, you might have to purchase another mobile hotspot data package.
- If all these ideas fail to solve the performance problem, contact the Moxee customer support team for more guidance and insights.
Hotspot Related FAQs
What is WPS on hotspot?
WPS is also known as Wi-Fi Protected Setup. With this feature in place, you will not have to key in the Wi-Fi password anytime you want to connect to your hotspot Wi-Fi network. This will allow you to enjoy unlimited convenience.
How do I enable WPS on my Moxee Hotspot?
To enable WPS on your Moxee hotspot, enable the WPS feature in the WebUI by going to the ‘Settings’ option and then tap on ‘Wireless’ option. Tap on the ‘WLAN Settings’ and click on the WPS option. Press the ‘Menu’ button on your Moxee hotspot until you see the ‘WPS Active’ page pop up on the device’s display.
To activate the WPS function, press the lock or power button of the device. Enable the WPS function on the devices that you want to connect to the Moxee hotspot Wi-Fi network, and you will be able to establish the much-needed connection between these devices. To learn more, visit konnectme.zohodesk.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-do-i-set-up-wps
How do I log into Moxee hotspot?
If you want to make some administrative changes to your Moxee hotspot, you can log in to your Moxee hotspot and get started. As you do this, you have to be connected to the internet via the Moxee hotspot Wi-Fi network. To start with, open your web browser and then go to 220.127.116.11.
You will see a login prompt on your screen. Once you see the login prompt, enter the username as ‘admin’ and the password as ‘12$XXX’.Remember that ‘XXX’ is the last 3 digits of the Moxee hotspot IMEI.
Typically, you can find the IMEI number on the label located in the battery compartment. Once you are logged in, be sure that you are in the WebUI. Here, you will have the luxury of customizing vital details such as the Wi-Fi password, SSID, connection settings, etc. For more details, visit konnectme.zohodesk.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-do-i-login-to-my-moxee-hotspot
How do I find out my Moxee hotspot number?
In case you want to find your Moxee hotspot number, remove the back cover of the hotspot device first. Once you remove the back cover, remove the battery by lifting it up. After removing the battery, you will be able to see the serial number. Besides the serial number, you will see the SIM card holder.
Slide it to the right so that you can unlock it. Lift the SIM card holder and then remove the SIM card. Take a closer look at the SIM card, and you will see a number of digits beginning with ‘89’.This is the hotspot number of your Moxee hotspot device.
How can I change my Moxee hotspot to 5G?
The process of changing your Moxee hotspot to 5G is generally easy and straightforward. All you need to do is to press the ‘Menu’ key several times until the ‘5G Wi-Fi info’ message pops on your screen. After that, press the ‘Power’ button so as you can view the details. Scan the available WiFi networks using a wireless device and choose the Moxee hotspot’s network name from the list of the networks that will appear on your phone’s screen.