Formerly known as MetroPCS, Metro by T-Mobile is one of the most competitive and reliable prepaid service providers. Unlike other carriers, this one has good network coverage, thanks to T-Mobile network towers. Additionally, it allows you to enjoy affordable cell phone plans and even mobile hotspot services.
Here, you will be able to share your mobile data with other device and thus keep everyone inexpensively. As long as you have Mobile Hotspot data package, other devices can be tethered to your smartphone and be connected for longer. After all, your MetroPCS smartphone can work like a mobile hotspot device.
Although the MetroPCS phone can work as a mobile hotspot, there are instances when you might experience connectively issues whenever you tether your laptop, tablet, computer desktop or another smartphone to it.
If you are a victim of such circumstances, worry not as we shall address these issues for you. In this article, we shall take an in-depth look at why your MetroPCS hotspot might not be working, how to fix that problem, alongside other related facets.
Reasons Why MetroPCS Hotspot Not Working
Your MetroPCS hotspot might not be working due to an array of reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- Your MetroPCS hotspot has a hardware or software issue. In this case, you should consider taking it to a professional technician so that it can be examined carefully.
- Presence of a large, metallic object. Remember that such objects can interfere with your hotspot’s signal, thereby making it weak or even unavailable altogether.
- Your network has insufficient bandwidth.
- You have disabled the Wi-Fi feature on your main device.
- You have already enabled the power-saving mode on your device. By doing so, the hotspot feature will turn off after some time.
- Your MetroPCS hotspot does not have the latest firmware
- You have not inserted the SIM card correctly.
- You entered the wrong APN settings
- You have overloaded the MetroPCS hotspot with other wireless devices.
- Some of the connected devices are using VPN apps.
- Your MetroPCS hotspot device has bugs or malicious software
- There is a network outage in your locality
- Some of the connected devices are data intensive. Such is the case if the devices are updating their apps or are being used to play online mobile games. Worse still, if these devices are being used to watch HD movies and videos online.
- You have exhausted your mobile hotspot data package.
How To Solve If MetroPCS Hotpot Not Working
Since you already know the various problems that might make your hotspot not to work optimally, time is ripe for you to know the various solutions that can help you avert this problem. Some of the ideas that can help you get started include:
- Re-insert the T-Mobile SIM card. Unlike other methods, this one is quite simple and straightforward. All you need to do is to remove the SIM card from the SIM card tray and then insert it afresh. Ensure that you enter it correctly so that you can regain a good internet connection. Once you insert it, switch on the MetroPCS hotspot and establish if it will connect to the internet or not.
- Reconfigure your MetroPCS device with the right APN settings. Remember that if you had entered the wrong details or misspelt some words during the APN setup process, your device will not connect to the internet as desired. As you enter these details, be keen not to omit any letter or word.
- Do not overload your MetroPCS hotspot. For instance, if you had connected 10 devices, you can reduce them to 5 or even less. More importantly, ensure that the most important devices are connected to the MetroPCS hotspot device. Overloading the MetroPCS hotspot can lead to poor internet connection in the long run.
- Reduce the overall network usage and stick to the most important activities. For instance, if you are using the MetroPCS hotspot for playing online games with 5 devices, try to use one device for online games and use the rest for other activities. A good example can be to surf the internet, chat on Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter, sending emails and so forth. The less you utilize the internet, the stronger the internet connection.
- Disable any VPN app that might be running on the MetroPCS hotspot device. Instead use the VPN app on the home Wi-Fi network.
- Disable any apps that might be downloading at the background. Although it is advisable to update your apps every now and then, consider doing so using the home Wi-Fi network.
- Restart your MetroPCS hotspot device. This way, you will be able to get rid of any existing bugs that can interfere with the internet connection.
- Ensure that your MetroPCS hotspot is using the latest firmware. In case, there are pending updates, update them on the go and then try to connect the device to the internet.
- Check and ensure that you have not exhausted your Mobile hotspot data. If you have exhausted this data, you might have to purchase another package so that other devices can remain connected to the internet.
- Ensure that your locality has a good network coverage. In case you are in an area that has a poor network reception, you might experience connection issues every now and then. Here, you might have to relocate to an area that is well covered by the MetroPCS network.
- Remove any obstacles that might be close to the MetroPCS hotspot device. Additionally, ensure that all the devices that you want to tether to the MetroPCS hotspot are within range. Here, they should be within a radius of 10 meters or even less.
- Try disable the power saving mode on your MetroPCS hotspot device. For optimal results, ensure that your Metro hotspot device is fully charged before use. Additionally, ensure that you have a charger close to you so that you can recharge its battery anytime it gets low.
- Check and establish whether there is a network outage in the first place. In case there are is maintenance going on, chances are that there might be a network outage within your locality. Thankfully, such problems only exist for a certain period of time. After that, normalcy resumes and users can now connect their devices to the internet.
How Can I Speed Up My MetroPCS Hotspot?
If your MetroPCS hotspot has a slow internet connection, there are a number of ideas that can help you to speed it up. Some of these essential ideas include:
- Reduce the number of connected devices. For instance, if you had connected 7 devices to the MetroPCS hotspot, consider reducing the number of those devices to 4 or even 3.The lesser the number of connected devices, the faster the internet connection.
- Reduce the distance between the connected devices and the MetroPCS hotspot device. The shorter the distance, the faster the internet connection.
- Switch off the low data mode on your MetroPCS hotspot device.
- If your MetroPCS hotspot device can connect to the 5G network, switch to that network mode so that you can enjoy faster internet connection.
- Ensure that your MetroPCS hotspot is using the latest firmware. In case there is a pending update, go ahead and update your device.
- Restart your MetroPCS hotspot device. By doing so, you will be able to eliminate any bugs and thus speed up your internet connection.
- Ensure that your locality does not have a network outage. In case there is a network outage, you might have to wait until the maintenance exercise is over. Within a few hours, you should be able to enjoy faster internet connection as usual.
- Instead of choosing 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi band, choose the 5 GHz Wi-Fi band. Thankfully, the latter option offers a faster internet connection.