Kyocera Dura XE Epic is a durable flip phone. It is an ultra-rugged phone. That means it can stand drops, Vibration, extreme heat, extreme cold, heavy rain, dust, mud etc. This phone main menu can be fully customized. Thus it allows setting frequently used to set frequently used applications for quick access. These features give it a high place among other phones in the market.
Kyocera DuraXE Epic Main Features
Here all the features and specifications of this phone are described:
- Network: Kyocera Dura XE Epic supports 4G network.
- Weight: The phone is 193 gm. It is not so weighty considering its durability.
- Design : The phone’s corners are chamfered to give it extra drop protection. The sides of the phone have texture panels to give extra grip facility.
- Water Proof : This flip phone is water resistant. It can be submerged in water. It can resist water up to 6.5 ft. for about 30 minutes.
- Drop Safe : The phone supports Military STD 810H. It can stand the pressure if you drop it 5 ft. onto concrete. It will not break.
- Display : The phone comes with a 2.6’’ QVGA TFT Internal display. It is a small display. The display is the home to the main menu that can be customized amazingly. The apps that are used frequently can be set in this display’s home screen to get quick access. In the display, fonts are large. It is comfortable for our eyes and ensures easy readability. Though the display is small, you can browse the internet with this display. You can also see videos in this display. Fortunately, you also have an external display. In this screen is shown the date, time, battery information, phone signal etc. This extreme display feature reduces the frequency of opening and closing of this flip phone.
- Operating System: In the flip phone, proprietary operating system is used. Proprietary Operating System means this operating system is developed by the developers themselves. The main characteristic of this operating system is that it is straightforward and gives its user a simple and smooth user experience.
- Chipset: The chipset used in this Kyocera model is Qualcomm Snapdragon 215. The CPU is 64-bit and supports 4G & 4G LTE network. The processor is a quad-core processor with 1.2 GHz Speed. This processor works smoothly and is a right choice for a basic phone like that.
- Memory : The internal memory is 16 GB. RAM is 2 GB. 2 GB RAM is very basic for a smartphone. But this phone will be used mainly for voice calls. So, this RAM is sufficient to serve this purpose. The internal memory (16 GB) is not sufficient for phone memory. This phone comes with an external micro SDXC memory card slot. You can expand your phone’s memory up to 512 GB, which is more than sufficient.
- Camera : This Kyocera Dura XE Epic phone has only one auto-focus rear camera of 5 MP. Photos taken with this camera is better than a basic phone camera. The LED flash gives sufficient light is insufficient. When taking photos you can also hear the shutter sound. A self-timer is also set. You can record videos in 720p, 480p and 240p with this camera.
- Wi-Fi: This phone can be used as Wi-Fi hot spot. It has connectivity for up to 10 devices.
- USB: 3.1, Type – C.
- Sound : Dual mic noise cancellation system makes it able to contact in a noisy environment also. The phone supports HD voice quality. So, the user gets clear voice quality. Two front-facing speakers give crystal clear sound.
- Battery : The phone comes with a 1770 mAh removable LI-Ion battery. This battery’s configuration is perfect for such a voice-over phone. The phone charges normally. No fast or wireless charging is available. The phone is considered to be a good choice for everyone. But to say honestly, the company needs to improve two components of the phone: the battery size and RAM size. This could be better.
The phone is a flip phone with solid rock features. It is a perfect phone for those who use their phone mainly as a voice-over phone.