Are you struggling to pay your monthly cell phone bills? Worry not you can now apply for the Affordable Connectivity Program and be able to reduce them on the go. The good news is that many carriers have now started participating in this program. A good example is COX Communications. Once you apply for COX Affordable Connectivity Program, you will be able to get discounts of up to $30 on your monthly cell phone bills.
On the other hand, if you live on Tribal lands, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $75 on your monthly cell phone bills. Besides this, you will be able to get a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase your desired tablet, computer or even laptop. However, you need to contribute at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of your desired device. To enjoy all these benefits, you need to meet this carrier’s ACP eligibility requirements. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how one can qualify for this program, its application process, alongside other related ideas.
Why You Choose COX Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
Once you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program offered by Cox, sure that you will enjoy the following benefits:
- $30 discount on your monthly cell phone bill if you live on Non-Tribal lands.
- A discount of up to $75 in case you reside on Tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 in order to enable you purchase your preferred computer, laptop or tabletop the other hand, you must contribute at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of your desired device.
Eligibility Requirements For COX Affordable Connectivity Program
To be eligible for the COX Affordable Connectivity Program, there are a number of requirements that you must meet. Here, you must either ensure that you have an income that stands at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Depending on your state, you can check what the Federal Poverty Guidelines of your country stipulate and then establish if you meet the desired threshold or not. In case you do not qualify via the low-income criteria, be certain that you can now qualify for this carrier’s ACP facility if you participate in any of the following government assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Special Supplemental Nutritional Program for Women, Infants, and Children(WIC)
- Federal Housing Assistance Programs(Section 8)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefits
- You are a beneficiary of a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- You were approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school breakfast program or school lunch program
Apart from the above-mentioned government assistance programs, if you live in Tribal lands and enjoy any of the following programs, you are eligible to enjoy COX ACP facility:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start(For those who meet the Head Start income qualifying standard)
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for the Needy Families(TANF)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
List Of Documents Required For Apply COX Affordable Connectivity Program
When applying for the COX Program, there are certain documents that you must submit so that you can prove your identity as well as your eligibility status. Here, you need to submit copies of your personal documents and eligibility. In the subsequent sections, we shall outline these documents for you so that you can know what to go gather before the actual application process kicks off:
1. Personal documents
With personal documents in place, you will be able to prove your identity and be able to qualify for this carrier’s ACP program. Ideally, you should submit copies of your personal documents during the application process. These documents should have your name in full, date of birth, your address, among other finer details. Some of the personal documents that you should submit include:
- Your Tribal, state, military or government-issued ID
- Your birth certificate
- Your U.S driver’s license
- Your Green card or permanent resident card
- Your certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization.
- Any other official document that shows your name, date of birth or place of residence.
2. Eligibility documents
Apart from the documents that we have mentioned above, you need to submit copies of documents that show that you either earn a low income or participate in a government assistance program. If you want to prove that your current income stand at or is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, here are the document that you must present:
- Your paycheck stub
- Your prior year’s state, federal or Tribal tax return
- Your Social Security statement of benefits
- Your current income statement from the employer.
- Your pension or retirement statement of benefits
- Any other official document that shows your current income levels.
In case you do not qualify via the low-income criteria, you can submit copies of your eligibility documents. This applies if at all you participate in government assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, WIC, SSI and so forth. Here are the document that you should submit during the application process:
- Your benefit award letter
- Your statement of benefits
- Your approval letter
- Your benefit verification letter
- An official document that shows that you receive a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- An official document that shows that you are a beneficiary of the free and reduced-price school breakfast program or school lunch program.
- Any other official document that shows that you are a beneficiary of a government-assistance program.
Application Process For COX Affordable Connectivity Program
When applying for the COX ACP facility, you can consider applying either online or via mail. For most people, they usually opt to apply online as they can readily do so from the comfort of their homes. If you choose to apply online, here are the steps that you should follow so that you can get started:
- First and foremost, ensure that you meet the much-needed eligibility requirements so that your application can see the light of day. The good news is that you can now check your eligibility status from the National Verifier. Here, you can visit nv.fcc.gov/lifeline/ and then sign up. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you now apply for the ACP program via your desired carrier. In this case, choose COX Communications.
- Visit Cox official website
- If you are already an existing customer, tap on the ‘Log in and get started’ button.
- More importantly, check whether this program is available in your state or not by keying your address, ZIP code or unit on the blank field that you will see on your screen and then tap on the ‘Check availability’.
- In case the ACP facility is available in your state or region, shop for Cox internet plans and then start applying for the ACP facility.
- During the application process, you will be asked to submit copies of your personal documents as well as eligibility documents. Apart from this, there is a need for you to key in the right details such as your name, date of birth and other vital details.
- Upload your eligibility documents and then submit them alongside the online application form.
- Once you submit your application form, the COX team will review it and then give you a response within a few days.
- In case your application meet the much-needed requirements, you will be notified and the benefits will automatically by applied to your bill within 1 to 2 billing cycles.
Apart from the above-mentioned method, you can apply via mail by calling 833-511-0311 so that you can get a mail-in application form. As you make your application, ensure that you key in the right details. Additionally, ensure that you upload copies of your personal and eligibility documents. Thereafter, submit the package to the following address:
Affordable Connectivity Program Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY, 40742
Check COX Affordable Connectivity Program Application Status
If you want to know the status of your COX ACP facility, consider visiting this carrier’s official website and contact the customer support team via Live chat. Better still, reach them on the phone by dialing 1-800-234-3993. Since you will be allocated an Application ID, be certain that you will be able to use that to know the fate of your application form.
If everything is done right, you will be able to activate your ACP benefits within a period of 1 month or thereabout. In case you applied for the ACP facility on September 2022, be certain that you can now enjoy its benefits at the beginning of October. However, you will not enjoy its benefits within September as the billing cycle will still be on progress. Therefore, these benefits will apply at the beginning of the next month’s billing cycle.
COX Communication Core Services
First and foremost, COX Communications is the largest private broadband carrier in the United States. As we speak, this carrier now serves about 7 million businesses and homes across 18 states of the U.S. Cumulatively, about 22 million Americans benefit from the services of this carrier. Unlike other companies, this one offers the following services:
- Advanced digital video services
- Internet services
- Home phone services
- TV services
- Home security services
Some of the states where you might enjoy the services of this carrier include; Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Kansas, California, Arizona, Florida, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Idaho, Rhode Island, Ohio, Lowa, Nebraska, and Virginia among others.
Most people like this carrier as it offers affordable internet phone plans. With as little as $49.99 per month, you will be able to get an internet plan that will suit your needs. Besides this, the carrier offers a much-needed money-back guarantee for new customers. Here, you can be assured that you will get your money back within a period of 30 days.
Apart from this, you will get an additional on-time guarantee with a $20 bill credit for late appointments. Finally, the carrier offers the Affordable Connectivity Program that helps to reduce your overall monthly cell phone bills. Consequently, you will be able to remain connected inexpensively.
COX ACP Discount
By now, you know that you can now qualify to get a discount of up to $30 if at all you live on non-tribal lands. In case you live on Tribal lands, you will enjoy discounts of up to $75 per month. With these COX ACP discounts, you will be able to lower your monthly cell phone bills significantly. However, this will depend on the COX internet plan that you had subscribed to. Here is how these ACP discounts will apply on the various COX internet plans:
Unlike other plans, this one is ideal for those Americans who are operating on a budget but would like to remain connected. With this plan in place, you will be able to utilize up to 5 devices to surf the internet, email your friends and even chat on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. This plan comes with the following features:
- Free Wi-Fi modem rental
- Download speeds of up to 100 Mbps
- EasyConnect self-installation at zero charges
- Unlimited data plan for a period of 12 months. After that, you will no longer enjoy the plan. Here, the 1.25 TB plan will apply.
- Security Suite powered by McAfee
This plan goes for $30 per month and does not come with a contract. If you qualify for the ACP bill credit, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month. This means that you might not have to part with anything at all.
ACP discount to Cox Straight Up Internet?
Yes. Although this plan goes for $50 per month, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $30 in case you qualify for the ACP facility. This means that you might have to pay only $20 and be good to go. Just like the previous plan, this one allows you to connect up to 5 devices and use them for social networking, web surfing, emailing, doing research and so forth. Here are the features that make this plan great:
- Up to 100 Mbps download speeds
- No deposit or credit check is needed
- Free Wi-Fi modem rental
- EasyConnect self-installation service at no extra cost.
Essential 100 plan under COX ACP program?
Yes. This plan goes for $49.00 per month and if you qualify for COX ACP facility, you will be able to enjoy discounts of up to $30 per month. In this case, you might have to just pay $19.00 on a monthly basis.
As the name suggests, this plan allows you to enjoy download internet speeds of up to 100 Mbps. This internet speeds is ideal for standard internet surfing. Besides the above-mentioned download internet speeds, here are the other features that make this plan unique:
- Panoramic Wi-Fi
- The plan does not come with an annual contract
- It allows you to connect up to 5 devices
- Access to over 3 Million Wi-Fi hotspots
- Security Suite powered by McAfee
- 1.25TB monthly data
What Is The Connected Device Benefit On COX ACP?
Generally, once you qualify for the COX ACP facility, you will be able to get a one-time discount of up to $100 toward your computer, laptop or tablet. Once the inventory is available, COX will mail you about how you can receive the one-time $100 discount towards the purchase of your desired tablet, computer or laptop. Since most Americans want to get a discounted tablet, it might take a while before you get the above-mentioned devices. Thankfully, you will eventually be able to get it and purchase your tablet of choice.
Does COX Offer Free Tablets Under ACP?
Not really. Instead, this carrier allows its ACP beneficiaries to get the much-needed discount in order to purchase their dream tableting this case; the carrier offers a one-time discount of up to $100 towards the purchase of the tablet.
On the other hand, the applicant has to contribute at least $10 and not more than $50 towards the purchase of the tablet other words; this carrier offers discounted tablets and not free tablets to ACP beneficiaries.
How Does COX ACP Billing Work?
Once you are approved for this carrier’s ACP program, be sure that a certain credit will be applied to your existing account. For instance, you might get a discount of up to $30 in case you reside in non-tribal lands.
On the other hand, you stand to enjoy discounts of up to $75 if you are eligible for the ACP facility and reside on Tribal lands. These discounts will be applied at the beginning of your billing cycle. In case you incur other extra charges, you are solely responsible for them. Finally, any time you receive your benefit, COX will always send you a confirmation email letting you know that some credit has been applied to your account.
What To Do If I Am Facing Billing or ACP-Related Issues?
In case you are experiencing billing or ACP-related issues, you can now visit cox.com/residential/contactus.html and address your issue from that end. Better still, contact COX Residential customer support team at 800-234-3993. If your issues still remain unresolved, consider filing an Affordable Connectivity Program-related complaint with the Federal Communications Commission at 888-225-5322. You can also visit fcc.gov and then address your issue from that end.