From allowing you to enjoy discounted cell phone plans to enabling you to get a free smartphone, there are many benefits that you can reap once you join Safelink Wireless. Although Safelink Wireless offers you all these benefits, there are instances when you might opt to cancel their services. This can be attributed to the fact that you might be relocating to an area that has a poor Safelink Wireless network, and you want to remain connected. Other times, you might want to utilize the services of this carrier’s peer service providers. For instance, you might want to try Easy Wireless, Assurance Wireless, Verizon, Qlink Wireless, among other carriers.
Since most of these carriers allow you to bring on your device and keep your number, you will have an easy time moving to their networks. Once you join any of these carriers’ network you have to cancel your Safelink phone service so that you can be connected to them successfully. After all, you will be using a different network from that of Safelink Wireless. If you want to cancel your Safelink phone service, we shall take a closer look at that how you can get started, alongside other related ideas.
Why Do Users Cancel Safelink?
There are many reasons that can make you cancel your Safelink Wireless service. For instance, if you want to try the services offered by different carriers that operate in your locality. As a result, you might have to terminate your service so that you can join the other carrier’s network. However, it is always advisable that you cancel the Safelink services once you have transferred your number to the other carrier.
Apart from having the desire to try the services of other carriers, you might cancel your Safelink Wireless service if you are moving or relocating to an area that has a poor Safelink Wireless network.
Since network is one of the most important features of any carrier, there is a need for you to cancel this carrier’s service and join your preferred carrier’s network. This way, you will be able to remain connected with those whom you love, learn online, work online, get entertained, and so much more.
Besides the reasons mentioned above, you can cancel your Safelink Wireless if you have lost or damaged your Safelink Wireless device. This way, your account will be suspended temporarily until you get a replacement model. By doing so, you will not incur any charges in case someone else decides to use your lost device.
Finally, you may cancel this carrier’s service if at all you are no longer be eligible for it. Such is the case if you have an income that is above 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Better still, you might cancel its service if you no longer benefit from government assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, WIC, LIHEAP, and Section 8, among others.
What Happens If I Cancel My Safelink Phone Service?
In case you cancel your Safelink phone service, be sure that you will function like a normal TracFone Wireless customer via your Safelink phone. Here, you will be able to purchase airtime from TracFone or Net10 airtime cards anytime you please.
This way, you will be able to remain connected with those whom you love, be able to work online, access emergency healthcare services and so forth.
If you want to learn more about the TracFone Wireless airtime promotions, feel free to visit https://www.tracfone.com. Better still, dial 1-800-867-7183. If you want to purchase Net10 Wireless, visit https://www.net10wireless.com and get started. Additionally, you can contact 1-877-836-2368 and purchase your airtime from that end.
Do I Have To Return The Safelink Phone Service If I De-enroll From The Program?
Not really. Once you de-enroll from the Safelink program, you are free to keep your phone. The good news is that you will be at liberty to utilize it until you exhaust the allocated airtime minutes. Better still, you can use it for good as a Net10 or TracFone phone in case you continue purchasing airtime from Net10 and TracFone, respectively.
How To Cancel SafeLink Phone Service
The process of canceling the Safelink phone service is generally easy and straightforward. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
1. Contact SafeLink Directly
The first step that you should undertake when you want to cancel your Safelink phone service is to contact this carrier’s customer support team directly on. By contacting Safelink customer support team, you will be able to get some guidance and insights on how you should cancel this carrier’s service.
However, you need to have some essential details at hand so that everything can be as seamless as possible. After all, the customer support agent on the other hand might ask you a number of questions in order to prove your identity. Once you have essential identity details at hand, go ahead and reach out to this carrier’s customer support team on 1-800-378-1684.
2. Submit Your Personal Details
Once you reach out to this carrier’s customer support team, you will be asked to submit your personal details. Some of the details that you should submit include your name in full, your enrollment ID, your Social Security Number, your date of birth, among other vital details. Like we mentioned above, these details will prove that you are indeed the primary owner of your Safelink account.
3. Ask for the Cancellation of your SafeLink Service
The main concern for reaching out to the customer support team was to cancel your Safelink wireless service. Without more ado, you should now inform the customer support team agent that you intend to terminate or cancel your Safelink service. For this to happen, your account has to be active for quite some time.
The good news is that the agent will be able to establish how long you have utilized the services of this carrier from their end. Depending on the reason why you need to cancel the Safelink Wireless service, the agent on the other end will help you get started and you will be good to go.
4. Wait for the Processing of Your Request
Upon informing the Safelink customer support team that you want to cancel their service, the next step is to wait for them to process your request. Once the process is over, the customer support team will provide you with your confirmation number before disconnecting your call. Note this number down for future reference.
Cancel My SafeLink Subscription
If you want to cancel My Safelink subscription, there is an array of ideas that can help you get started. For instance, you can do so using your iPhone device, Android device, PayPal, email, online and so forth. Here is a breakdown of how you can cancel My Safelink subscription via the methods mentioned above.
Cancel on iPhone
As we speak, it is possible for you to cancel My Safelink subscription using your iPhone. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Go to your phone and then tap on the ‘Settings’ icon
- Thereafter, open your Apple ID profile. Here, you should click the icon that has your name on it.
- Once you are on the profile page, tap on the ‘Subscriptions’ menu.
- Scroll down until you come across the ‘My Safelink’ option. Tap it and proceed to the next step.
- Tap on the ‘Cancel subscription’ button that you will see at the end of the page.
- Check and confirm that you want to cancel your Safelink service. If this is the case, tap on the ‘Cancel’ button and you will be able to cancel your subscription right away.
Besides the steps that we have mentioned above, you can cancel your Safelink subscription by following these steps:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone device and click on your profile
- On the accounts page, you will see the ‘Subscriptions’ option.
- Choose the active subscription you intend to terminate
- Tap on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option
Cancel on android
If you have an Android device, you can be able to cancel your Safelink subscription via a number of steps. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Get your Android phone ready
- Go to your phone’s homescreen and tap on the Google Play Store app.
- Tap on the menu icon that you will see on your screen.
- Here, you will see a number of options, including the ‘Subscriptions’ option.
- Click on the ‘My Safelink’ option and then tap on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option.
- Once you click on the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option, you will be asked what prompted you to undertake that action. Select any option that you please and proceed to the next step.
- After choosing the reason for cancellation, your subscription will be terminated.
Cancel on PayPal
Safelink allows you to sign up for its services via PayPal. In case you signed up via the PayPal platform, be sure that you can now cancel your subscription directly from the same platform. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- First and foremost, log in to your PayPal account
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ option
- Choose the ‘Payments’ option
- Tap on the ‘Manage Automatic Payments’ option.
- Click the Automatic payments tab and you will come across the ‘My Subscription’ option. Tap it and then click on the ‘Cancel’ button.
- Once you tap on the ‘Cancel’ button, your Safelink subscription will be canceled.
Cancel via email
Besides the above-mentioned methods, you can also cancel your Safelink subscription via email. Here is how you can get started:
- Launch your email app
- Submit any necessary details regarding your account
- Since you want to cancel your Safelink subscription, you will be prompted to provide a reason for cancellation. Provide a reason for this action and then send your email to [email protected]
If you do not have the My Safelink app, you can also cancel your Safelink subscription online and be good to go. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- To start with, visit this carrier’s official website and then sign in to your account
- Navigate to your account page or profile.
- Once you are on this page, tap on the ‘Subscriptions’ or ‘Billings’ option
- Tap on the ‘Cancel’ option. By clicking this option, your Safelink subscription will come to an end.
Consider Contact With Safelink Customer Care Before Start Cancelation
Before you initiate the cancellation process, there is a need for you to reach out to the customer support team first. Here, you should dial 1-800-378-1684 and narrate your story. Ensure that you have the much-needed personal details so that you can authenticate that you are the primary owner of your Safelink.