Straight Talk is one of the best mobile virtual network operator that is currently a subsidiary of Verizon Wireless. Not long ago, straight talk was a subsidiary of TracFone Wireless. This is no longer the case because Verizon acquired TracFone alongside all its subsidiaries. However, nothing has changed as far as Straight Talk network towers are concerned. This company still relies on Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint network towers to deliver wireless services. On the other hand, Verizon is also an incredible wireless service provider. It is among the big 3 carriers in the US. Unlike Straight Talk, Verizon wireless is not an MVNO company. The company has its own network towers that are distributed everywhere across the United States.
As aforementioned, Verizon wireless is the current parent company to straight talk. With that in mind, let’s now answer one of the most frequently asked questions: can a straight talk phone be used in Verizon? Being a subsidiary of Verizon wireless, straight talk and its parent company are compatible. In addition, since Verizon allows BYOP phones, you can bring a straight talk phone to Verizon and use it on their services. Your Straight Talk phone should, however be unlocked. In this article, we are basically going to explain exactly how Straight Talk works with Verizon and also all the differences that these two might have.
Is Straight Talk Compatible With Verizon?
As stated above, Straight Talk is a subsidiary of Verizon Wireless. The company is also a mobile virtual network operator that uses Verizon network towers to deliver services. This makes Straight Talk compatible with Verizon. All you need to do is check your device compatibility. The good news is that you can simply do this virtually by logging into Verizon’s official website. Besides that, you must note that your straight talk device has to be carrier unlocked in order for it to fully work with Verizon.
Can A Straight Talk Phone Work On Verizon
We have already mentioned that Verizon does allow you to bring your own phone to their services through BYOP program. Since straight talk and Verizon are compatible, it’s, therefore, possible to transfer your straight talk phone and use it with Verizon.
There are high chances that your straight talk phone is locked. For that phone to work on Verizon therefore, you should first unlock it and ensure pending bills before activating it with Verizon network.
To unlock your phone, just contact straight talk customer service and ask for an unlocking code. Alternatively, Straight Talk representative can unlock the phone for you with no service charge. However, your phone must be active with straight talk for more than one year. In addition, your phone must not have been reported stolen, lost or associated with any fraudulent activity.
How Do I Check If I Use Straight Talk Phone On Verizon?
If you want to check whether you can use a straight talk phone on Verizon, you just need to check your straight talk phone’s compatibility. This is done through Verizon wireless official website. To conduct the check, follow the following simple steps:
- Visit this page verizon.com/od/prepaid/bring-your-own-device/#/selectDeviceType
- On this page, you are required to enter the type of phone that you are bringing to Verizon. Is it a tablet, smartphone or other devices? Select smartphone and tap continue
- Thereafter, enter the make of your phone. Is it an iPhone, Samsung, Google or Motorola? Enter the make and model of our phone
- Next, you are required to select the carrier or retailer from which you purchased your phone. In our case, you should select straight talk.
- Here, you should enter your phones IMEI number, tap continue and follow prompt to check your straight talk phone’s compatibility with Verizon wireless. If you don’t know your straight talk IMEI number, you can send the word text to 611611 from your straight talk phone. Straight talk will then respond to your message by sending you your device’s 4 digits IMEI number.
How Do I Activate A Straight Talk Phone On Verizon
If you have met all the desired requirements of using Verizon plans on a straight talk phone, then the last step would be to simply activate this device. This process is usually very concise and simple. First and foremost, you need to purchase a Verizon plan. Once you do this, Verizon will provide you with one of their SIM cards. After that, you can now install the SIM card on your device for activation. From there, you can go ahead and activate your phone online or offline through the steps explained below:
- Visit this page verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/activate and tap join Verizon.
- Select the type of phone that you want to activate
- Enter the make and model of your phone, where you purchased it and your phone’s IMEI number
- Once you describe your phone, set up whether you want to transfer your current number or you need a number
- Get a new Verizon number shipped to you
- Install your new SIM card in your straight talk phone
- Visit Verizon official website verizon.com/plans/unlimited, chose a plan and follow prompt to finalize the activation.
- Install your new or current SIM card in your phone and switch it on
- The screen will bring your two options. Select new customer option.
- Follow all the instructions that will appear on the screen to connect your straight talk phone with your Verizon account
- Call straight talk on 866-893-7723 and finalize your phone activation process
Can I Transfer My Straight Talk Number To Verizon?
It’s possible to transfer or port your old straight talk number to Verizon. The process of porting your straight talk number to Verizon is usually done while activating your phone. Here, you are required to choose between getting a new number and keeping an existing number. In normal occasions, it usually takes up to two business days for this process to be entirely done.
What Type Of Straight Talk Phones Can I Use On Verizon?
As you probably know, Verizon is open to new customers bringing their own phones to their services. For your device to work, however, you need to do is to ensure that the handset is carrier unlocked. It should also be compatible with Verizon network. Some of the straight talk devices that work with Verizon include:
- Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- Samsung Galaxy S8+.
- Samsung Galaxy S20+.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+.
- Samsung Galaxy A21.
- Samsung Galaxy J2.
- Samsung Galaxy A50.
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e.
- Samsung Galaxy A51.
- Samsung A11.
- New iPhone SE.
- Motorola Moto G power.
- LG Stylo 5.
- LG Stylo 4 LTE
- LG premier pro plus.
- LG Stylo 3.
- LG Solo.
- LG classic flip.
- Apple IPhone 6s.
- Apple IPhone 6.
- Apple IPhone 12.
- Alcatel My flip.
- Apple IPhone X.
- Huawei SENSA LTE.
- TCL A1X.
- Apple IPhone 11.
- Apple IPhone 12 Mini.
- Apple IPhone 12 pro max.
- Apple IPhone 7.
- Apple IPhone 8.
- Apple IPhone 12 pro
- BLU VIEW Mega.
- Apple IPhone Xs Max.
- BLU VIEW 1.
- Apple IPhone 11 pro.
- Apple IPhone XR.
- Apple IPhone 11 pro max.
- Apple IPhone Xs
- LG Fiesta.
- LG Fiesta 2.
- LG journey.
- LG K31 Rebel.
- LG rebel 4.
- Motorola Moto e.
- Motorola G7 optimo.
- Motorola G stylus.
- Motorola Moto E5.
- Motorola Moto e6.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- Samsung Galaxy A11.
- Samsung Galaxy A 20
- Samsung Galaxy s20FE 5 G.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy Note9.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- Samsung Galaxy Note8.
- Samsung Galaxy A01.
- Samsung Galaxy A10e.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 5 G.
Why I Use My Straight Talk Phone On Verizon?
If you live in the United States, then am pretty sure you know Verizon is one of the best Carriers in the country. As a matter of fact, it’s fast Internet speeds and wide 5G coverage makes it very preferable to people. Besides that, it has a very reliable customer service. Therefore, one of the main reasons why you use your straight talk phone on Verizon is to simply enjoy their lucrative services. Besides that, if you have a straight talk phone, you just need to verify its compatibility with Verizon. Once compatible, you can bring it to Verizon wireless through a very simple process.
What To Look for Before Switching Straight Talk Phone To Verizon
- There are a couple of things that you really need to consider if at all you want to switch from straight talk to Verizon. For instance, you need to ascertain that your device is unlocked. If it’s not all unlocked, you can simply scroll through Straight Talks unlocking policy to see whether you meet the desired unlocking criteria.
- Another key factor you need to consider is whether or not your device is compatible with Verizon. You can confirm by checking Verizon’s compatibility through its website.
- You also need to consider Verizon network coverage. Before switching from straight talk to Verizon, make sure that you live within Verizon coverage areas for convenience.
- Also, consider Verizon fees and deals. Before switching to Verizon from straight, make a deep review of all costs, fees and deals that the company offers and determine whether you are ready for the changes in question
Which Verizon Plans Are The Best When Using Straight Talk Phone On Verizon?
One thing you need to understand is that how you access Verizon plan doesn’t affect the plans you get. To put it in simple terms, this means that even if you use a straight talk phone or a Verizon phone, the plans available will still remain the same. Therefore, users pick their most preferable plans based on their preferences. Even one budget can simply affect the kind of plans they want to settle for. Thus, users can simply access any Verizon plan of their choice even with a Simple Straight Talk phone. Kindly visit this page verizon.com/plans/unlimited and choose the best plan that suits your needs within your budget.
Which Is Cheaper Verizon Or Straight Talk?
Most MVNOs claim that since they don’t have to deal with infrastructure maintenance costs, they can afford to offer their services at a relatively low cost. Therefore, if you compare Straight Talk plans with Verizon plans, Straight Talk has cheaper rates.
This means that straight talk is very ideal for users that look forward to saving more for their network plans. However, when it comes to convenience, Verizon takes the lead as it is faster and more reliable compared to straight Talk. Users can have the upper hand on this by simply using Verizon’s network on a straight talk handset.
How Do I Know Which Network Is My Straight Talk Phone On?
Checking which network your current straight talk handset uses is indeed one of the easiest things to do. All you require is the original SIM card that your handset came with. The simple inscriptions on the SIM card will help you on this. Besides that, you can contact straight Talk customer service via 1 877 430 2355 and directly enquire from them on this.
Do Straight Talk Phones Use CDMA Or GSM?
Just as mentioned earlier on this article, straight talk is an alternative carrier. This means that it works with major networks in order provide its services. It works with Verizon, which is CDMA, T-Mobile, and AT&T, which is GSM, Therefore, it easily works with both CDMA and GSM networks, provided that your handset is unlocked.
Can I Put My Verizon SIM Card In A Straight Talk Phone?
In most cases, people prefer using Verizon SIM cards because Verizon is way fast and more reliable compared to most alternative carriers. As a result, most users get inclined to their Verizon SIM cards even after acquiring a straight talk phone. The good news is that you can put your Verizon SIM card in a Straight Talk phone and use it effectively. To do this however, you must ensure that the straight talk phone is unlocked.
What Carriers Are Straight Talk Compatible?
Like most MVNOs, straight talk does not have its own wireless infrastructure. On the contrary, it piggybacks off other networks such as T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint. This, in turn, makes it very easy for Straight Talk to work with both CDMA and GSM networks.
Is Straight Talk Now Verizon?
Based on the fact that Straight talk was just recently acquired by Verizon, many people may assume that Straight talk is now Verizon. However, this is not entirely true. This is because straight talk continues to dispense its services independently despite the acquisition. On the other hand, future changes may arise due to this recent acquisition. Albeit, it’s difficult to say where Straight Talk stands since Verizon hasn’t interfered with any of its operations.