Are you looking for a prepaid carrier that allows you to enjoy affordable cell phone plan? Look no further as Boost Mobile is the ultimate service provider for you. Besides allowing you to enjoy affordable cell phone plans, the carrier does not subject you to any form of contract or hidden fee. When it comes to network coverage, this carrier does not disappoint as it allows you to enjoy T-Mobile network. Unlike other carriers, T-Mobile has a good 4G and 5G network coverage across the United States.
The carrier also takes pride in offering some of the latest models that will mesmerize you. Whether you are a fan of Android or iPhone models, you will not miss a model that will suit your needs. Thankfully, these models come at a budget-friendly price. If you do not have enough money to purchase a new model, this carrier allows you to bring your own phone and even keep your existing number. This goes a long way in enabling you to enjoy more convenience and save more money in the long run. As long as your device of choice is unlocked and compatible, you will be good to go. Most customers who want to join Boost Mobile would like to know its coverage so that they can get started. In the subsequent sections, we shall take a closer look at Boost Mobile coverage map alongside other related facets.
What network does Boost Mobile use?
To start with, this carrier is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator. Therefore, it relies on T-Mobile network towers in order to offer its services to all its customers. Unlike other carriers, Boost Mobile network covers about 99.5% of the United States populace. In fact, the carrier covers more than 2.6 million square kilometers. This characteristic makes this carrier take the lead when it comes to network coverage.
How Do I Check Boost Mobile Coverage In My Area?
To check whether Boost Mobile network has good coverage in your locality or not, you need to visit boostmobile.com/coveragemap_xp.html and then sign in. After that, key in your address or city and then tap on the search button. Zoom in on the coverage map so that you can check whether your locality, town, city or state is covered by this carrier’s network or not. As far as network coverage is concerned, it is important to note that it is affected by certain factors such as buildings, structures, weather, landscape, geography and topography.
What Is The Difference Between 5G Nationwide And 4G LTE?
With 5G nationwide, you will be able to enjoy both 5G and 4LTE network depending on where you are located. This is because 5G nationwide uses Dynamic Spectrum Sharing in order to enable users to enjoy 4G LTE and 5G network on a same frequency band.
On the other hand, the 4G LTE network allows you to connect to the 4G network alone and not 5G network. Unlike the 5G nationwide, you will not enjoy more flexibility with 4G LTE as you will only utilize one network broadband.
Boost Mobile 4G LTE Coverage
4G LTE is one of those networks offered by this carrier. As far as this network is concerned, it is imperative to note that it covers about 62% of the country. This coverage places this carrier on the 3rd position after Verizon and AT&T. The 4G LTE coverage for the latter is 70% and 68% respectively.
Although this carrier’s 4G network comes third after Verizon and AT&T, it is true to say that it is more reliable and fast. Moreso, if you live in urban areas, be sure that you will enjoy this carrier’s 4G LTE network on the go.
Boost Mobile 5G Coverage Map
Apart from offering 4G LTE network, this carrier takes pride in offering 5G network. However, this network is still being rolled out. As a result, this network does not have a large coverage per se. To put this into perspective, this carrier’s 5G network is only available in certain parts of the United States. Some of the cities where you can enjoy Boost Mobile 5G network include:
- New York
- Los Angeles
To check whether your locality is covered by this carrier’s 5G network, visit Boost Mobile coverage map and then enter your ZIP code. If your locality is covered by 5G network, be certain that you will enjoy faster internet speeds. After all, 5G network offers faster internet speeds than the 4G LTE network.
Benefits Of Using Boost Mobile
Once you become a Boost Mobile customer, you will enjoy a myriad of benefits. Some of these benefits include:
- Unlike other carriers, this one offers prepaid cell phone plans that are devoid of any contract. This means that you will be at liberty to swap plans the way you please. Consequently, you will be able to save more bucks and enjoy more convenience.
- The carrier offers number of affordable prepaid cell phone plans. With as little as $8, you will be able to enjoy 1GB of mobile data and unlimited text & talk. Other cell phone plans that might please you include the $15 per month plan, $25 per month plan, $35 per month plan, among others. To learn more about these plans, visit boostmobile.com/plans.html
- When it comes to network coverage, this carrier does not disappoint. Despite being a Mobile Virtual Network Operator, this carrier boast of offering 4G and 5G network to all customers living in the United States. This can be attributed to the fact that this carrier relies on T-Mobile network to offer it cell phone services.
- The carrier offers an array of decent models to choose from. Whether you like iPhone models or Android models, trust that you will not miss a good model that will suit your needs. Thankfully, these models come at a budget-friendly price.
- The service provider offers the Bring Your Own Phone program. With this program in place, you will be able to bring your own device to this carrier’s network and get started. As long as your device is unlocked and is compatible with this carrier, be certain that you will be good to go.
- Boost Mobile offers unlimited talk and text in all its cell phone plans. This goes a long way in enabling you get the value for your hard-earned money once you choose any of this carrier’s cell phone plans.
- The carrier also allows you to enjoy unlimited data. However, this depends on the cell phone plan that you choose. For instance, if you choose the $50 per month plan, you will enjoy 35GB unlimited data. On the other hand, if you choose the $60 per month plan, you will enjoy 60GB of unlimited data. After you reach the data cap, you might experience slow internet speeds. However, once you renew your subscription, internet speeds will be fast again.
- If you have a family and would like to keep everyone connected, consider purchasing additional lines from this carrier. The good news is that you will enjoy a discount for the additional lines you opt to buy. This strategy enables you to save more bucks in the long run.
- The carrier has a good customer support team. Here, you will be free to address any issue you have, regardless of whether the problem is service-related or phone-related. All you need to do is to dial 1-833-502-6678 and you will be able to reach to this carrier’s customer support agent on the other end. Better still, you can visit boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html and address your issue right away.
- Every now and then, this carrier offers a number of promo codes and deals to its customers. Since these options can help you save more dollars, there is a need for you to keep an eye on them from time to time.
Boost Mobile Features
Some of the features that you are likely to enjoy from this carrier include:
- Bring Your Own Phone feature
- Ability to keep your existing phone number
- 4G LTE and 5G network, thanks to T-Mobile network towers
- No contracts on all cell phone plans
- You will not be subjected to any form of credit check
- Discounts on multiple lines purchased
- Visual voicemail services
- GSM technology
- Good customer service team
How Do I Know Boost Mobile 5G Coverage Will Be Available In My Area?
To establish whether Boost Mobile 5G coverage will be available in your locality or not, visit this carrier’s coverage map and then enter your address or ZIP code. This way, you will know if this network is available in your locality or not. More importantly, this network’s availability is usually affected by factors such as structures, weather, buildings, landscape and topography.
How Do I Know Which Network Is Boost Mobile Using In My Area?
All you need to do is to visit this carrier’s coverage map and then key in your address. Here, you can key in your ZIP code and then tap on the search button. Zoom in order to establish the kind of network you can expect in your locality. Typically, you can expect 4G LTE or 5G network coverage in different parts of the United States.
Is Boost Mobile CDMA or GSM?
Since this carrier relies on T-Mobile network towers, it is true to say that it works well with GSM technology. However, if you joined Boost Mobile when it used to rely on Sprint, chances are that your CDMA phone might work well with this carrier.
Is Boost Mobile With Sprint?
Not anymore. Since April 1, 2020, Sprint merged with T-Mobile. Consequently, Boost Mobile started relying on T-Mobile network to offer its cell phone services to all its customers living in the United States.
What Phones Are Compatible With Boost Mobile?
To start with, the carrier is compatible with a number of iPhones and Android models. As long as your device of choice is unlocked and compatible with this carrier, be certain that you will be good to go. Here are some of the iPhone models that can work well with this carrier:
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 8 Plus
Some of the Android devices that are compatible with Boost Mobile include:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy A20
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy A6
- Samsung J7 Refine
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Motorola e6
- Motorola Moto G7 Play
- LG Stylo Plus
- LG Tribute Royal
- LG Tribute Empire
Boost Mobile Contact Info
If you have a service-related or phone related issue, feel free to dial 1-833-502-6678. You can also address your issue online by visiting boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html. Either way, you will be able to get connected to a representative that will offer the much-needed help and guidance to you.