The US government is very considerate to every low income family that struggles with limited income. Since such families barely afford the most basic things in life, the government is fully aware that affording communication services and connectivity devices for such families would be a struggle. As a result, it initiated a program known as ACP (Affordable Connectivity Program) to offer free tablets and services to all financially struggling families.
Before this program, the government had another program known as Emergency Broadband Benefit program. Just like ACP, EBB also offered free tablets and services to low income households through qualified service providers. However, EBB program came to an end and got replaced by ACP program. Therefore, you can get free tablets and services from the government’s ACP program as long as you come from a low income household.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Tablet?
You are already aware of the government ACP program that offers free tablets and services to qualified low income household in America. This program offers free tablets through participating service providers. The good news is that there are several service providers in the US that has partnered with the government to offer ACP benefits to qualified families.
While some of these ACP Service providers offers free tablets, some doesn’t. For instance, assurance wireless is one the qualified ACP service providers that doesn’t offer free tablets. Instead, assurance wireless offers other benefits such as free smartphones to all households that participate in government subsidiary programs or have income below the poverty guideline. From assurance wireless, expect to get free phones like ZTE Quest 5, Alcatel OneTouch cinch, Kyocera Jax S1360, Cool pad legacy and Kyocera Hydro Reach. Besides free smartphones, assurance wireless also offers free unlimited talk, text and data for easy connection with friends and family.
What Other Providers Offer Free Tablet
We have already mentioned that assurance wireless does not offer free tablets through the ACP program. Instead of free tablets, this carrier offers free smartphones with the exact model based on availability.
Although assurance wireless doesn’t offer free tablets, worry less because there are other alternative service providers that offer free tablets through the ACP program. For instance, you can get free tablets from carriers like:
- Easy wireless
- Air-Talk wireless
- Cintex wireless
- New-Phone wireless
- Excess Telecom
- Standup wireless
- Qlink wireless
- Maxsip telecom
Besides the above mentioned service providers, there are other non-government organizations that also offers free tablets through ACP program. These non-profit organizations operate by offering up to 100$ discount towards purchasing a tablet to all qualified low income customers. These are providers like PCs for People and Human I-T.
How Do I Qualify For Lifeline And ACP Program?
Assurance wireless is a major lifeline service provider that offers free phones, unlimited text & call minutes plus free monthly data to all qualified low income consumers. The company also offers ACP program benefits to low income consumers. Although the two programs were both initiated by the government to offer free or discounted wireless service to low income consumers, they have distinct income qualifications. Here, we highlight qualification requirements for both programs for better understanding.
Lifeline income qualification
ACP income qualification
For you to qualify for ACP benefits as an individual or household, you must have an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline. Similar to lifeline, ACP poverty guideline also varies per your state and household size.
Program based qualifications are the same for both lifeline and ACP. Therefore, if you qualify to receive help from any of the following aid programs, you are considered eligible for both lifeline and ACP:
- Supplemental nutrition assistance program that was formerly known as food stamps
- Supplemental security income
- The federal public housing assistance or section 8 program
- Survivor’s pension benefit
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations or FDPIP
- Tribal head start
- Bureau of Indian Affairs general assistance
- Tribally administered temporary assistance to needy families.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For Lifeline And ACP?
There are a number of documents that will be required while applying for lifeline and ACP programs. However, the exact documents to submit should depend with your category of eligibility. While providing these documents, have in mind that your documents are either subject to approval or rejection by the lifeline national verifier. Also, this corresponding staff might need additional documents from you for further verification. You should also avoid handwritten, screenshots, and unclear, invalid and blurry documents as they are subject to rejection. Here is a list of necessary documents required while applying for Assurance Wireless lifeline and ACP:
These are documents with evidence that you are approved to receive benefits from the government assistance programs. While attaching these documents in your application, each of them should have your full legal name, the name of your qualifying program, the name of the agency that used that documents. Most importantly, the document should be dated within the last 12 months or should be in hold of a future expiration date. Examples of these documents are:
- SNAP benefit award letter
- Medicaid approval letter
- Section 8 statement of benefits
- Tribal head start benefit verification letter
- Bureau of Indian affairs general assistance benefit award letter
These are documents meant to prove that you come from a low income household. They are documents like:
- Paycheck stub
- Retirement or pensions statement of benefit
- Social security statement of benefits
- Veteran’s administration statement of benefits
- Unemployment statement of benefits
- Prior years’ federal, tribal or state tax return
- Your U.S driver’s license
- Green card or permanent resident card
- A certificate of U.S citizenship or naturalization
- Your military, government, state or Tribal ID
Note that: If you are emancipated, you are also required to submit a certificate of emancipation or any other official document from the court with evidence that you are truly emancipated.
How To Apply For Lifeline And ACP?
To apply for the Assurance Wireless lifeline and ACP, follow the following steps:
- On your browser, visit the page assurancewireless.com/lifeline-services/how-qualify. On this page, you will be able to establish whether you qualify for the programs or not. Also, you will be able to establish whether lifeline program benefits are available in your state.
- To establish whether your state qualifies, tap on ‘What State Do You Live In.
- Tap on the part ‘See if you qualify today’ followed by ‘Apply Now’.
- After, you will be required to provide your ZIP code.
- You will then be redirected to assurance wireless lifeline program
- From this page, you’ll find offers according to your state. You will be able to see offers like free data, free texts and free calls.
- Proceed by tapping the ‘Apply Now’ and an application form page will open up.
- In the application, provide the required information
- Attach all the required eligibility documents
- Click the ‘submit’ button and wait for approval
- Once approved, you will be able to receive your lifeline benefits
Besides applying online, you can also contact Assurance Wireless customer team and they will be able to mail the application form to you. After receiving the form, fill it by providing your correct personal information, attach copies of eligibility documents and mail the application back to assurance wireless address for approval. The address is:
Box 5040. Charleston,
What Are The Benefits If I Qualify For Lifeline And ACP
Do you meet the above discussed lifeline and ACP qualifications? If so, brace yourself to enjoy following benefits:
- You will be in a position to get in touch with your loved one through assurance wireless Unlimited text and voice minutes
- You will be able to access the internet for further information thanks to assurance wireless free unlimited data
- You will access better education opportunities
- You will have easy access to online jobs
- You will have easy access to healthcare services
- You will be able to enjoy 10GB of mobile hotspot
- You will get free new or refurbished phones with call waiting, caller ID and voicemail features
- With assurance wireless lifeline, you will be able to upgrade your current phone to a better phone at an affordable price
What Are The Restrictions For Lifeline And ACP?
Assurance wireless ACP and lifeline programs have a number of restrictions. They include:
- You can only enjoy lifeline benefits if you participate in assistance programs like Medicaid or have an income below 135 % of the federal poverty guideline
- You can only get ACP benefits if you participate in government assistance programs or has an income below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- You can only receive one ACP or lifeline benefits per household
- Your lifeline benefits are not transferrable
- The exact model of free smartphone to get from assurance wireless is subject to availability or state
In Which Areas Currently Assurance Wireless Offers Free Service?
To qualify for assurance wireless ACP or lifeline benefits, you must be residing in regions served by this company. Some of the states covered by assurance wireless are Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, California, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio, New Mexico, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Washington, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, North Carolina, Illinois, Indiana, and district of Colombia, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Oregon.
How To Tracks The Status Of Your Lifeline Application?
When tracking the status of your assurance lifeline application, you should be in hold of your ZIP code and account ID number. Note that your account ID number is normally found in your assurance wireless welcome letter. With your account ID number, call assurance wireless on the number 1-888-898-4888 and ask the agent about the status of your application.
What Phone Carrier Is Assurance Wireless?
Assurance wireless is a federal lifeline assistance and ACP company that is owned by the great T-Mobile carrier to ensure all low income households can afford connection services. Therefore, assurance wireless customers are guaranteed of T-Mobile reliable and nationwide network.
How Long Is The ACP Benefit?
As of now, it’s not certain on the duration at which ACP program is likely to serve. Although ACP has no concrete serving duration, it is clear that the program will come to an end once its allocated funds exhaust. The good news is that the government has allocate $14 billion on this program which guarantees a long term duration of serving. Therefore, we can conclude that ACP benefits will last a long term.
Is Assurance Wireless Giving Unlimited Data?
Yes. From assurance wireless ACP program, all qualified households can receive free unlimited data, free unlimited texts and free unlimited call minutes
Why Do You Need A Free Tablet?
- In this current era, connection is a very prudent tool in life. To remain connected with friends and family, you need a connectivity device like a tablet.
- Besides connection, a tablet is also important for accessing online studies.
- You can also use a tablet to conduct online businesses and work online.
- With a tablet, you can also improve your learning skills or gain more knowledge through gaining knowledge on any topic online.
Does Assurance Wireless Offer Free Phone?
Yes, you can get a free phone through assurance wireless ACP or lifeline program. The exact model of phone to get is based on availability. However, you can get a phone with features like free caller ID, free scam block, voicemail, 3-way calling and free scam ID.