AirTalk Wireless is a telecommunication company in the United States that offers wireless connectivity to eligible users. AirTalk Wireless uses AT&T network towers to provide 4G LTE and 5G connectivity in areas with AT&T network coverage. Besides the phone services, you can also get a free phone under the ACP and Lifeline program by the government through AirTalk Wireless. To qualify for a free phone under ACP or Lifeline program, you must confirm your eligibility and apply for a phone. You can get an Android or iPhone under the two programs once approved.
For you to use your free phone received under the programs, the APN settings must be configured. AirTalk Wireless offers countrywide internet connectivity in all areas, whereas AT&T offers 4G LTE and 5G network coverage. You must configure APN settings on your phone to enjoy this countrywide internet connectivity by AirTalk Wireless. What is the purpose of APN in my phone? AirTalk Wireless APN settings give your phone access to the 4G LTE or 5G mobile broadband allowing you to browse. This tutorial is going to dig deep into the AirTalk Wireless APN settings. Besides, we will give you the APN settings for both Android and iPhones to help you in case your phone requires manual APN configurations. However, before we give the AirTalk Wireless APN settings, let us know the meaning of APN settings.
What Are APN Settings, And What Are The Text Format Settings?
Access Point Name, abbreviated as APN, is the setting that is responsible for mobile phones’ connection to the internet. The settings usually help the phone establish a link to the gateway between the phone’s network and the internet. In simpler terms, you can define Access Point Names as an entity determining the network path for cellular data connectivity in all phones. The APN settings are typically set automatically though we have some carriers that require you to enter them manually.
What Are The APN Text Format Settings?
If your network carrier requires you to input the APN settings manually, you must follow the correct text format for them to work. Otherwise, your phone will not connect to the internet. Below is the APN text format that you must follow to the latter for a successful internet connection:
- Input capital letters as they have been formatted.
- Ensure you use commas where you see them
- Leave all the blank spaces as indicated
- Do not input commas where they are not indicated
- Be keen not to input spaces after commas where they have not been put.
Kindly ensure that you delete all the old APN settings before you start setting the AirTalk Wireless APN. Ensure you save the APN settings after inputting them. Your phone should now be able to establish an internet connection from your SIM carrier. Otherwise, restart the phone and set the APN afresh. Do not worry if you cannot edit the APN settings; we will demonstrate what you can do later in this article.
What Network Do I Choose For AirTalk Wireless?
As mentioned above, AirTalk Wireless is using AT&T network towers to provide 4G LTE/5G services across the country where AT&T offers services. So, when choosing a network, you are supposed to select AT&T network failure; the settings will not work.
Highlight The Common APN Settings
There are four APN settings you will encounter if your carrier directs you to enter manually so that you get access to the internet. These are:
- APN- if you are a resident of the United States, you will be required to input “wholesale” as your APN for many MVNO carriers. However, this will change when you move outside the United States.
- APN type- we have four APN types which include “generic,” “supl,” “wap,” and “mms,” with most carriers using the “generic” APN type.
- MMSC- MMSC is an abbreviation for Multimedia Messaging Service, and many MVNOs require it to operate the MMS service. In most cases, you will not need this setting if you are not utilizing the MMS functionality.
- Proxy- This setting is usually needed for data access, though only a few MVNOs utilize it.
AirTalk Wireless APN Settings For iPhone
To manually set the APN for an iPhone, kindly go to the Settings app and locate Cellular, then Cellular Data Network. Once a new screen loads, enter the following settings;
- APN: Reseller
- Username:(Do not write anything)
- Password: (Do not write anything)
After you input the settings, save them and restart your iPhone for the changes to take effect. You can change the APN to “att.mvno” if the “Reseller” does not work and then restart the phone.
AirTalk Wireless APN Settings for Android
AirTalk Wireless requires you to set up the APN afresh if you remove your SIM card to get the internet connection. If you have a Samsung phone, you can access APN by following these steps.
- Go to Settings and look for the “Connections” option.
- Locate “Mobile Networks” and search “Access Point Names”.
If you have another Android phone, go to Settings > Network & Internet > SIMs > Select SIM > Access Point Name.
Are you able to get to locate your APN? Good, here are the AirTalk Wireless APN Settings for your Android phone;
- Name: AirTalk
- APN: Reseller
- Port (Do not write anything)
- Proxy: (Do not write anything)
- Username: (Do not write anything)
- Password: (Do not write anything)
- Server: (Do not write anything)
- MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
- MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
- MMS Port: 80
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 410
- Authentication Type: ()
- APN Type: default,supl,mms,fota
- APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN roaming Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
- APN enable/disable: enabled
- Bearer: (Unspecified)
- Mobile Virtual Network Operator: (none)
Once you key in all those settings, select AirTalk as your active APN, then restart your mobile phone for changes to take effect. Besides, you can change the AirTalk APN to “att.mvno” if the “Reseller” does not work after restarting your Android phone.
How Can You Find APN Settings On Your Phone To Change
Locating APN settings on Android phones is not uniform because of the different manufacturers producing several brands in the market. Besides many phone brands, the Android version is also critical in determining APN settings. However, there is no significant difference with the APN Settings on Android phones. You can locate APN settings on the Android phone as follows;
- Locate the “Settings app” on your phone’s home screen.
- Scroll until you find the “Wireless Networks” option and tap on it. It is also written as “Network and Internet” on other Android phones.
- Once it opens, locate Mobile Network and tap on it, and you will be able to see Access Point Name.
Kindly note that before you enter the new APN settings, you will have to delete any settings. You can also reset the APN to default with some Android phones.
Accessing APN Settings on iPhone is hard because Apple does not allow full access to the settings by users. However, this does not mean that you cannot access them. You can jailbreak or hack it and get access to the APN Settings. So, if you successfully gain full access, here is the procedure for locating the APN Settings. There are two methods of navigating to this point depending on the model of phone that you are using.
- Locate the Settings app and go to Cellular
- Scroll down and tap on Cellular Data Options
- After opening, look for Cellular network and tap it, and you access the APN.
- Locate the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to “Mobile Data” and tap on it.
- Scroll to locate “Mobile Data Options,” then search “Mobile Data Network.” Once the screen loads, you will be able to see the APN Settings.
Can you successfully access APN settings on your iPhone? If yes, before you set them, you will be required to tap to reset them to default. Once they are set to default, input them manually and save them before restarting your phone device. Besides, you can check for automatic configurations accessible at Settings > General > About. Kindly note that accessing automatic APN configurations may change on different iPhones, but the process looks similar.
What To Do When You Can’t Change AirTalk Wireless APN Settings?
As seen above, APN is essential information your phone needs to connect to the internet. This information, in most cases, contains the device’s address that the phone uses to locate internet access or connection. There are scenarios when the APN settings get greyed or locked, making it difficult for you to modify or make changes.
If such problems arise, you can follow some solution options we have provided below to resolve the issue.
1. Resetting the APN settings to a default state
There are some scenarios where your phone will not allow editing or saving the APN Settings once you enter them. If you are facing such, you can consider resetting APN to default which will undo any settings your carrier might have made previously. This will return your phone to a default state where you can enter the new APN settings and be able to save. If you cannot reset it, you can contact your SIM carrier customer service to help reset the APN.
2. Activating and deactivating Airplane mode
You can reset your APN settings on your phone by activating the Airplane Mode option on your phone. Once you activate airplane mode, any customized carrier APN settings will be reset to default. You can locate the Airplane mode on your settings app or the notification bar on your device. Once you find it, kindly tap on the toggle button to activate it and wait for some minutes before tapping to deactivate it.
3. Remove the SIM card and go to APN Settings to modify
In case activating and deactivating Airplane mode does not work for you, try removing your carrier SIM card, and this should be able to resolve the problem. After removing the SIM card, go to the Settings app, locate APN and edit the APN Settings before inserting the SIM card back.
4. Connect your phone to Wi-Fi and restart it
Restarting your phone is another effective method of fixing greyed APN settings, mostly for Android phones. Kindly follow these steps to change your APN settings using this method;
- Connect your phone device to Wi-Fi.
- Restart your phone when connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Your phone will automatically connect to the previous network.
- Proceed to the APN settings and check whether you are now able to make any changes to them. This can be either viewing, editing, or saving the details.
5. Restore your phone settings, then set APN afresh
The last option is restoring your phone if the above methods do not work. You can do it manually or use a restoring tool like TenorShare ReiBoot, user-friendly software that can help you restore your mobile device. Kindly note that this method might require you to be keen when doing it. So, if you are unsure how to go about it, seek help from experts to guide you in restoring the phone.
AirTalk Wireless APN And MMS Automatic Network Configuration
You can set AirTalk Wireless APN and MMS settings automatically. Before starting the process, you must locate your phone’s APN and MMS settings. Kindly note that MMs and APN settings usually are found on the same page, on the Settings app on your phone. Once you locate the two, delete the APN settings and remove your carrier SIM card before restarting the mobile device. Restart your phone and insert the SIM card again, and your phone will prompt you to install new APN configurations. Click on the save button and then install the configurations.
Which APN Type Is Best?
There is no type of APN setting that is better. All cellular carriers usually provide APN Settings that are compatible with their network. Once you insert a SIM card, your phone will automatically download the APN Settings for that carrier and install them as long as you use Android 8.0 and above. Once the Settings are installed on your phone, data and MMS will function without problems.
Does Changing APN Settings Increase Speed?
You do not increase your internet speed by changing your APN settings. As seen above, APN settings simply allow your phone to establish an internet connection with your cellular service provider.
How To Delete, Remove, or Uninstall APN
If you have internet connection problems, kindly follow this procedure to delete the APN settings. Go to the Settings app, look for “Mobile Networks,” and once you find it, search APN. Kindly note that it may be different with different phones. When you get to Access Point Names, choose APN and tap to open the menu. A delete option will appear; you will be required to tap on it to execute.
How Can I Contact AirTalk Wireless?
AirTalk Wireless has provided several channels through which you can reach out in case you are in need to support. Their customer representative is ready to help you from Monday to Saturday if you encounter any problem with their service. The first channel you can reach out to AirTalk Wireless customer service is by calling (855) 924-7825 to talk to a representative. Besides you can also email your issue to [email protected], but this channel might not be reliable if you are in an emergency. Additionally, AirTalk Wireless has provided a Chatbot on their website at https://airtalkwireless.com/contact, where you can chat with their agent live. You can also chat with their agent on Facebook and Twitter at AirTalk Wireless and @WirelessAirtalk, respectively.