Whether you want to bring your existing phone or intend to purchase a new Boost Mobile phone, they’re need to activate it so that you can remain connected. Until you activate your Boost Mobile phone, be certain that all the services offered by Boost Mobile will be restricted except for calls to 911 or BoostCare. The good news is that you can now activate your Boost Mobile phone without paying. In this article, I’ll discuss how you can activate your Boost Mobile without paying, alongside any other related facet.
It depends on where you purchased your device from. For instance, if you purchased a phone from Boost Mobile, it will come with a PIN activation number and as a result, you will be able to activate it free of charge. However, if you do not have the activation number, brace yourself to part with at least $10 as an activation fee. Here are the scenarios when you might incur a $10 activation fee:
- You purchased your device from a different carrier.
- Your device was actually purchased overseas
- You purchased your device from an individual and the phone is not a Certified Pre-owned device
How Do I Activate Boost Mobile Phone Without Paying Through Online
Since you already know that you can activate your Boost Mobile phone free of charge, time is ripe for you to know how you can get started. As we speak, you can now activate your Boost Mobile phone without paying online. This applies for devices that have been purchased directly from Boost Mobile and Bring your Own Devices. The latter refers to unlocked devices that can work well with this carrier. Thankfully, this procedure works optimally for iPhone, Android and Windows devices. In the subsequent sections, we shall discuss these methods so that you can know them better:
Activate Phone – Purchase from Boost Mobile
If you purchased your device from Boost Mobile directly, here are the steps that can help you activate it:
- First and foremost, visit Boost Mobile activation portal by clicking activate.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home
- Thereafter, tap on the ‘Make a selection option’ and then choose the ‘New Customer’ option. After that, tap on the ‘Activate New Device’ option.
- Select whether you want a ‘New Number’ or you are going to ‘Port an Existing Number’
- Key in your device’s Erasmus Student Network (ESN) or its Serial number.
- Follow all the prompts that you will see on your screen so that you can activate your Boost Mobile successfully.
- Once your device gets activated, you can now contact Boost Mobile and secure a SIM card. Better still, you can visit any Boost Mobile store near you and purchase your SIM card from that end. After that, you will be able to make calls, text your friends, surf the internet on mobile data and so forth.
Activating Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) To Boost Mobile
If you brought your own phone to Boost carrier’s network tower, be sure that you can now activated by following the steps below:
- Visit Boost Mobile online activation portal by clicking activate.boostmobile.com/primary/activations-home
- Click the dropdown menu and select the ‘New’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Use My Own Device’ option
- Choose whether you want a ‘New Number’ or would like to ‘Port an Existing Number’.
- Select whether you want to add more lines on your account
- Follow all the instructions that you will pop up on your screen so that your device can be activated successfully.
How Do I Activate Boost Mobile Phone Without Paying Through Customer Service
Apart from the online method discussed above, you can now activate your Boost Mobile device easily by contacting the customer service team. Thankfully, this method works well for both used devices and new ones. Besides this, it works well for device that use different operating systems. This means that you will be able to activate devices that relies on iOS, Android and Windows platforms. Here are the steps that can help you get started:
- To start with, you should call Boost Mobile activation line via 888-Boost-4U or 1-888-266-7848 using an ankefber phone.
- Ensure that your have your SIM ID number or phone’s IMEI number at hand.
- After a short while, you will hear a voice prompt instructing you to provide your Boost Mobile phone number.
- In case you have an existing account, consider entering your phone number. However, if you do not have an existing account, hang on a bit. Here, you will hear a certain prompt that will ask you to either choose a new number or port your existing phone number.
- Follow all the audio instructions that you will hear and key in your SIM ID number or phone’s IMEI whenever you are prompted to do so.
- In case you are prompted further, provide other details such as your name, address and so forth.
- Once you are done, you will prompted to key in your payment information and then select a Boost Mobile plan that suits your needs.
- As this goes on, your phone will be in the process of getting activated.
- To establish that your phone has been activated or not, try to make calls after the activation process is over.
How Do I Get A Boost Mobile SIM Card?
Once you activate your Boost Mobile device, there is a need for you to obtain a SIM card so that you can remain connected. After all, this is the only way that you will be able to make calls, surf the internet on mobile data, text your friends and so forth. When it comes to how you can obtain a Boost Mobile SIM card, there are various methods that you can consider. Here, you can either bring your own phone SIM card activation kit or get one free of charge from Boost Mobile.
Bring Your Own Phone SIM Card Activation Kit
As we speak, you can now bring your own phone and purchase your SIM card online so that you can remain connected. With as little as $9.99, you will be able to obtain a Bring your own phone SIM card activation kit. However, before you purchase it, there is a need for you to check whether your phone is compatible with this carrier or not. For more details, visit boostmobile.com/products/simkit/byod-5G-sim-kit.html
Boost Mobile Free SIM Card
Besides purchasing a Bring Your Own Phone SIM card activation kit, you can now obtain a free SIM card kit from Boost Mobile if you choose to join this carrier’s network. This means that this offer applies to new customers. Here, you will be required to choose the $25 per month plan and you will get a free SIM activation kit.
Apart from this, you will enjoy free shipping services. All you need to do is to visit deals.boostmobile.com/mypromo/sim-plan-bundle-5gb-1mo-01-mybm and then key in you ZIP code and email address. Thereafter, tap on the ‘Get a SIM’ option.
How Long Does It Take For The Phone To Activate?
Well, if you follow the right procedure, be sure that it will only take a few minutes and you will be good to go.
How Do You Know If My Phone Is Activated?
If you are able to make calls, text your friends and surf the internet using mobile data from a particular carrier, be sure that your device has successfully been activated. This is the reason why you should try to make a call or text your friend once you complete the entire activation process.
Do I Need To Set APN On My Boost Mobile Phone?
Yes. Apart from activating your Boost Mobile device, there is a need for you to set up APN settings so that you can access internet services from this carrier. This applies whenever you are using an Android devices. In case you are using an iPhone, the APN settings will be updated automatically. Therefore, you might not have to configure your iPhone device with Boost Mobile APN settings again.
Boost Mobile Activation Not Working – What To Do
First and foremost, there are many reasons why your Boost Mobile activation might prove to be an effort in futility. Some of the reasons include:
- Your device is not unlocked.
- The phone’s IMEI or Serial number you provided was incorrect
- Your number is yet to be ported into Boost Mobile
- Your location does not have a good network coverage.
To avert this problem, here are a number of initiatives that can help you get started:
- Ensure that your device is unlocked. Thankfully, you can now utilize an online tool to establish whether your device is unlocked or not. Better still, try to enter a SIM card from another carrier and establish if it will work or not.
- Try to establish whether your locality has a good signal or not.
- Check your SIM card and establish if it has been damaged or not.
- Determine if the phone has been damaged or not.
- Try to update the data profile on your device.
- In case all these interventions fail, contact Boost Mobile customer support team for more guidance.
How Much Does It Cost To Reactivate A Boost Mobile Phone?
If you want to reactivate your Boost Mobile phone, brace yourself to pay $10 reactivation fee.
Can I Put My Boost SIM Card In Another Phone?
Yes. However, the other phone has to be unlocked and compatible with Boost Mobile.
Can I Unlock My Boost Mobile Phone Myself?
Not really. You need the services of Boost Mobile customer service team. This is the reason why you should contact them on 1-888-266-7848 and let them know that you want to unlock your device. More importantly, ensure that your phone has been connected to Boost Mobile account for at least 12 months.
What Is The Code To Activate A Boost Mobile Phone?
Simply put, this is the code that you dial so that you can activate your Boost Mobile SIM card on your device. If you are using an Android device, you will have to dial ##72786#. On the other hand, if you are using an iPhone device, consider dialing ##873283#.
Which Network Does Boost Mobile Use?
This carrier now operates on AT&T network.